Montreal EV assembly Friday April 18th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berlino

Montreal EV assembly Good Friday April 18th.

There's an EV assembly planned for Montreal on April 18th and 19th.

On the evening of the 18th there will be an attempt to break the World record for the number of EVs in a parade. This will take place on the Jacques Villeneuve race course (host of an F1 race.)

I will post links to information in English when available. All are welcome, but I understand that access isn't necessarily easy from the South. There is, however, a CHAdeMO station in South Burlington, VT, that Freedom Nissan generously shares. From there, it's possible to reach Montreal by hyper-miling, but it is better to stop in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu.

http://www.branchezvous.org/

Anyone coming from the South?

I am bringing a LEAF and a Model S. If you drive more than 150 miles to attend in a LEAF or other sub 85-mile EPA range BEV, you can test-drive the Model S as a modest "prix de presence."

Unfortunately, the numerous DCQC stations planned for Vermont are not yet installed, but Freedom Nissan in South Burlington does offer one 24/7.

Why is this happening on Good Friday? It seems like a poor choice of date.

Not that I would likely make the venture anyway, since my max charge rate is 3.3kW and I'm 250 miles away. We need slightly more range and MUCH more infrastructure in the northeast!

GetOffYourGas said:
Why is this happening on Good Friday? It seems like a poor choice of date.

I am originally from New York, so don't know local culture enough to say whether Good Friday is a good choice for Quebec or not.

In addition to the record attempt, they have also reserved the Gilles-Villeneuve race track (site of the Montreal Formula I) for EV test drives on Friday and Saturday, so course availability may have been a factor.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Would like to go, but won't. Only two QCs en route, and 350 miles to drive, 7 hours in an ICE, but more like 20-24 hours with a 3.3.

Thanks for the thought. I'm somewhat optimistic that Boston to Montreal solely on quick charges will be possible within a year.

Berlino said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
Would like to go, but won't. Only two QCs en route, and 350 miles to drive, 7 hours in an ICE, but more like 20-24 hours with a 3.3.

Thanks for the thought. I'm somewhat optimistic that Boston to Montreal solely on quick charges will be possible within a year.

If I have a 36 or better kW pack this time next year, and some more QC, then I think Oui.

Back