New Chademo in Eastern CT!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graycenphil

As I was picking up my Leaf after having the heater repaired, the salesman told me they are installing a Chademo; should be done tomorrow. I'll post back after I try it in a few days. DeCourmier Nissan in Manchester, CT.

Graycenphil said:
As I was picking up my Leaf after having the heater repaired, the salesman told me they are installing a Chademo; should be done tomorrow. I'll post back after I try it in a few days. DeCourmier Nissan in Manchester, CT.

Awesome!

Any updates on this? Someone changed the description on PlugShare to basically say that the dealer isn't at all close to installing a CHAdeMO station.

I don't know. I did not look at the work when I was there, but he seemed pretty sure. I figured I could trust him - he's a car salesman.

He did say they were installing it at the body shop, which is copleteley seperate from the dealership and service area. Perhaps the person missed it? I won't be in the area till the end of next week, but will check when I am there.

If anyone is driving that way and counting on a Chademo, call the dealership and ask for David, the Leaf guy. He would know.

Appears to me to be up and running. I was not driving the Leaf, so I couldn't try it and it was late in the day so no one was around.

It is by the body shop, which is seperate from the service/showroom area, but it is on the same lot. I was not able to try it because I didn't have my Leaf, but it is most definitely there.

I used it today, so I can positively testify that it exists and works.

First time I ever used a Chademo, and it's very nice. I had to use my Charge Point card to start it. When it was done, it told me how much electricity I used, etc. It did not say if I was charged any money, so I don't know if I will get a bill.

Graycenphil said:
I used it today, so I can positively testify that it exists and works.

First time I ever used a Chademo, and it's very nice. I had to use my Charge Point card to start it. When it was done, it told me how much electricity I used, etc. It did not say if I was charged any money, so I don't know if I will get a bill.
You should be able to check about the cost via the Chargepoint smartphone app and on their web site, after logging in w/your account. You can also check your usage history there, which will show you the cost, if any.

Also, I noticed on the iOS and Android apps, the stations that cost $ will have a ($) next to them in the list view. Tap the icon in the upper right to get to the list view.

Heads up for anyone planning to use this L3 in the near future:

The last couple times I was there,the power was off. I had to ask the body shop manager to reset the circuit breaker. He was extremely friendly, helpful and gracious. But, he also said it does not always reset. They have notified the manufacturer, and hopefully it will be fixed. So there is a chance you will not be able to charge there, especially if you come after business hours.

Back