Charger Tax Credit in Georgia

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkallen21

I am seeing confusion over tax credits for buying a charger in GA for the 2013 year. I bought one and someone told me they got a 30% tax credit for doing so. However, the only forms I can find seem to be for "non-retail" locations. While I certainly consider my home to be a non-retail location, this sounds like it is intended for a business.

So my question is this: Has anyone installed a charger at home and successfully received the 30% tax credit in GA?

jkallen21 said:
I am seeing confusion over tax credits for buying a charger in GA for the 2013 year. I bought one and someone told me they got a 30% tax credit for doing so. However, the only forms I can find seem to be for "non-retail" locations. While I certainly consider my home to be a non-retail location, this sounds like it is intended for a business.

So my question is this: Has anyone installed a charger at home and successfully received the 30% tax credit in GA?

This might be confused with the federal tax credit, which happens to be 30%.

cgaydos said:
jkallen21 said:

This might be confused with the federal tax credit, which happens to be 30%.

I don't think there is a home tax credit for EVSEs in GA. I was not able to get the federal tax credit either because I filed for it the same year as I bought the Leaf. Most people can't get both credits in the same tax year.

Another good reason to Lease. However, in our case, we timed the Lease/Purchase to qualify for the "FREE" home EVSE that California was giving away each month from June to Dec, 2013. The only thing we had to pay, and claim for the Fed tax credit, was the permit for the home charging station which was not covered by the state grant.

I was sorry to see this program go away, but at least we got there in time.

Back