Maryland (MD) Tax Rebate rising to $3000 on July 1, 2014

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfschott

I thought the tax rebate was $2500 previously. Also it is an off set on the titling tax, which works just like sales tax and is 6%.

So if you purchase the car for 30k the titling tax is $1800 anyhow, and that is all that would be negated. The difference in this credit at the $2500 or $3000 level only comes in above $41800 if I am doing my math correctly.

I am not a tax adviser, don't take tax advice from strangers on the internet.

P71VIC said:
I thought the tax rebate was $2500 previously. Also it is an off set on the titling tax, which works just like sales tax and is 6%.

So if you purchase the car for 30k the titling tax is $1800 anyhow, and that is all that would be negated. The difference in this credit at the $2500 or $3000 level only comes in above $41800 if I am doing my math correctly.

Last year it was $1000 off the sales tax.

Hmm... I could be wrong. I'll let let the turbo tax explain it to me next year, but I was going off of this fiscal policy note, which specifically lists examples, with $3000 next to Leaf... See Exhibit 1.
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/fnotes/bil_0005/hb1345.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

epirali said:
P71VIC said:

Last year it was $1000 off the sales tax.

upon further review the credit was $2000 prior to July 1 2013.

Back