New York: New CHAdeMO in Westchester and Putnam Counties

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarmineMac

PlugShare shows six new CHAdeMO in Westchester and Putnam Counties, from Scarsdale to Carmel. They are all the same brand, Efacec. There are pictures of the installed units, but none appear to be operational yet. Does anyone know who is installing and operating these?

CarmineMac said:
PlugShare shows six new CHAdeMO in Westchester and Putnam Counties, from Scarsdale to Carmel. They are all the same brand, Efacec. There are pictures of the installed units, but none appear to be operational yet. Does anyone know who is installing and operating these?

NYLEAF does:

NYLEAF said:
I know it's not technically New England, but a whole bunch showed up in Westchester County, NY at the same time as the ones in CT. I believe that all of these shopping centers are owned by the same company, http://www.ubproperties.com/properties.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They've had one listed on PlugShare for months in Stamford. I went to visit it a couple months ago and it was still wrapped up in black plastic, not working. I e-mailed them the other day to see what their plans are, no response so far. It seems they are installing stations made by Efacec, which I've only ever seen used by the now-defunct 350Green in the Chicago area, as well as one they had at the Stanford Shopping Center in CA that was removed and replaced by a Nissan unit. Those stations in Chicago no longer work -- I wonder if we are getting the ones that were removed from Chicago?

Saw the scasdale one when going out to dinner this evening, not too far from where I live in yonkers!

IMG_20140817_204503.jpg

I have an update for everyone.

It took a bit of sleuthing, but I realized that an article I had seen posted on here months earlier was actually related to the stations we are seeing appear on PlugShare. I can't find the original post on MNL, but the article is http://www.westportnow.com/index.php?/v2_5/comments/westport_getting_new_ev_charging_stations/.

I had been communicating with someone from IPPSolar on-and-off before the summer, and when I followed up with him today, he confirmed that the stations are theirs. I originally assumed that the stations were being installed by or on behalf of the landlord, but after re-reading the article, it mentions a location in Westport (TD Bank) that isn't owned by that landlord, and also isn't posted on PlugShare yet. He did tell me that the first station, in Stamford (also the first to appear on PlugShare, and probably the first one they installed) is planned to be operational starting at the end of next week. It will require that you download an IPPSolar app to pay for the station.

Looking to charge in Westchester? The ribbon cutting for the Lyons Place Garage (housing 2 EV charging stations for the community) will be this Tuesday, September 23, 2014.

Join Empire Clean Cities for the 4th Annual National Drive Electric Event!

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014

Lyons Place Garage
1 Lyons Place White Plains, NY

11:00-1:00PM

Empire Clean Cities and the City of White Plains is hosting a National Drive Electric Event. Numerous EVs, including the new BMWi will be displayed at the new Lyons Place Garage. Bring your EV to showcase and meet up with other EV drivers.

In addition to showing your own vehicles with other EV owners, see Mayor Roach cut the ribbon for the opening of the new Lyons Place parking garage, which will house 2 EV charging stations for the community.

Please register with our event at the below link!

https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=297&view=public" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chargers in carmel, somers, Ossining should be operational in December. they are all level 3. you can check plugshare for info.

DanburyLeaf said:
Chargers in carmel, somers, Ossining should be operational in December. they are all level 3. you can check plugshare for info.

Thanks for the update. I will be sure to check out the Carmel charger when I'm down there for Christmas!

I know it's not in NY, but the first of these stations is now up and running in Stamford, CT. It's on GreenLots, $0.20/kWh with just a $0.20 minimum. Very reasonable rates! (I haven't gone to try it yet, but it should be working...)

Yes, that is in Suffolk County. Great location for me as far as getting out to the wineries on the North Fork...

There's also another one that IPP Solar is putting in on Long Island, in New Hyde Park (Nassau County). Can't wait to see these ready for use.

There are a bunch more missing from the map in Westchester and NJ, as well. The guy from IPP Solar added them all to PlugShare about a month ago, and half of them were deleted for some reason. The listings even had the approximate date the station was expected to be ready. I added one in Katonah that I remembered seeing when it was originally on PlugShare.

NYLEAF said:
I know it's not in NY, but the first of these stations is now up and running in Stamford, CT. It's on GreenLots, $0.20/kWh with just a $0.20 minimum. Very reasonable rates! (I haven't gone to try it yet, but it should be working...)

Wow, that's almost too good to be true! EVSEs in Central NY are priced at $0.49/kWh, and that's for 6-7kW Level 2 AC!

GetOffYourGas said:
NYLEAF said:

Wow, that's almost too good to be true! EVSEs in Central NY are priced at $0.49/kWh, and that's for 6-7kW Level 2 AC!

A very good rate. Our home rate just went from $0.15 to $0.23/kWh.

Graycenphil said:
Does anyone know if the Chedemo in Carmel, NY is running yet?

Thanks.
No CCTV near by? The copper thieves will have a field day. Those cables are just crying out, "take me home!"
:D

hill said:
Graycenphil said:
Does anyone know if the Chedemo in Carmel, NY is running yet?

Thanks.
No CCTV near by? The copper thieves will have a field day. Those cables are just crying out, "take me home!"
:D

Carmel is far too classy to succumb to such thieves!

I will be down there in a few weeks albeit without the Leaf. Visiting the CHAdeMO is high on my list. And no, not to take home a honkin cable of copper.

Back