Overcrowded charging area in Atlanta - at Atlantic Station

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asemeco

Three charging at L2s, one completely charged using an L2 spot, one charging at the QC/DC (mine, behind the leftmost black Leaf), and five waiting for the QC.
The 11th and 12th left before I could take the picture.
Saturday around 2:30 PM.
TenLeafsChargingOrWaiting.jpg

The QC at this site has two simple rules. The second one is not realistic:
- Move to L2 as soon as you reach 80%, if others are waiting.
- Don't use it for more than 15 minutes if others are waiting.
Unfortunately, most people need 70 or 80% in order to go back to the suburbs. Starting at 20%, in 15 minutes you will not get above 65%.
These EVSEs are all free. Four Blink L2s (the 'pay' kind) a mile away are always available.

Thanks for posting! That is very encouraging. Most of the charging stations around here are vacant at any given time. I have to wonder how many people want to use those stations just because they are free, and how many actually need to use them to get where they are going? Hence, one has to wonder if there were a pay station (QC) in the same spot, how many would pay in order to not have to wait in line?

QC's... Guess we'll find out soon. Two QC have been put in on/in the parking deck, They are not on yet (last i checked). They will be charge units. So well see how they do, If i'm outside my range, I'm willing to pay to get easy access to charge / QC then hang around waiting hours for a "free" charge.

Back