Cincinnati's EV Free Parking Program

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueblob06

This is pretty cool. Got a Leaf a few weeks ago and today I went to City Hall to get my free parking decal. It only took 5 minutes. I can now park at any City of Cincinnati parking meter for free (also free at a garage downtown). This is a great benefit as I go to a lot of meetings downtown and meet colleagues for lunch downtown.

http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/oes/residential-programs/electric-vehicle-free-parking/

I was the 91st person to sign up for the program. It's been going on for 5+ years; the guy I met with said that about half of those 91 have come in the last year so there's certainly been nice growth of EVs in the Tri-State. I asked and he said it's been a 50/50 split between Leafs and Teslas. Your car has to be 100% electric to qualify.

Nice! I shared that link with my sister who lives in Cincy. She likes my Leaf but her husband works for Toyota so no Leaf for them, but an EV makes sense to replace one of their vehicles.

It's good to see city incentives for EV ownership. I may contact our local city sustainability staff to see if they have considered this. There's quite a few EV's around here so that may not be something they'd do, but might as well check.

Back