Rochester NY service recommendation?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrangerTides

Hey folks, haven't checked in here in a while since moving from FL to NY and only recently got a LEAF (2015 S). I was wondering if anyone else in the Rochester area can recommend a dealer for service. I bought the car from Dorschel, but when I called them about the cold weather brake recall notice, they didn't know what to do about it and said call back in a few months. Now I have the airbag recall notice also, and would like to bring it somewhere, but hopefully somewhere that has a bit of LEAF knowledge. Any dealer service comments, positive or negative, from someone who's had the car for longer than I have? Thanks!

Hi Chris - I purchased my LEAF from Dorschel in Aoril, 2012. It hasn't required any servicing to speak of except a software upgrade, annual battery checks, and a collision damage repair. Dorschel performed these for me with no issues. If I have a maintenance issue arise I'll take it back to them. Incidentally, I have 59,700 miles on my car and have just lost my second capacity bar.

Thanks for the info!

I now have three recall notices, one for the brake SW update, one for a passenger airbag sensor and one for some AC pipes, and Dorschel has been calling me to come in. So I called them back and they say I could come in for the SW update but they don't have parts for the other two. Since the brake issue apparently is only in cold weather (and I had no problems in the winter anyway) I guess I'll wait and get back to them when they can do the other fixes too.

PS I read your thread about the bizarre collision/theft experience; sorry to hear about it, but thanks for the warning about key drops!

Just wanted to follow up on my own question in case anyone else is interested: tried again with Dorschel (they had a representative calling me regularly to remind me about the recalls), but after multiple requests, no one they connected me to could confirm that they were prepared to do all three.

So I checked with Hoselton and they had no problem confirming that all three could be done. They took care of them quickly, and also did my NY state inspection for no charge. Needless to say, I now recommend Hoselton.

Back