Nothern Virginia activity EVSE installations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmp647

I see several dealerships in Northern Virginia have finally become Leaf certified
including Pohanka Nissan in Fredericksburg VA !

and I see some local dealers installing EVSE stations!

I will post some pictures.

If you are in MD DC or VA, drive around your local dealers store and look for EVSE installations, take a picture and post it here!

Just made another drive by of the loal Nissan store here: 3 AV units total.

2 in the delivery lane, and one over by the service department

there could be one inside the shop also

This makes me think that dealers in this area will be getting cars, maybe for demos? some time soon 60 days ?

kmp647 said:
Just made another drive by of the loal Nissan store here: 3 AV units total.

2 in the delivery lane, and one over by the service department

there could be one inside the shop also

This makes me think that dealers in this area will be getting cars, maybe for demos? some time soon 60 days ?

Hi. Just in case you didn't know, please add your photos and information here as we have all VA leaf dealers mapped here: http://electric.carstations.com. this way everyone can have access to your info instead of hidden in this thread. If we missed a new leaf dealer you know about, you can simply add it as the site is crowd sourced. You can also edit any of the dealer info as well as they have differing amounts of EVSE units as you noted.

We should have the rest of the US leaf dealers mapped in the next week.

Thanks.

2011 Nissan Leaf is coming soon!
5n64op.jpg

Preview the new 2011 Nissan Leaf this
Tuesday March 15th, 2011
and
Schedule a Test Drive for this Wednesday March 16th, 2011
Here's your chance to drive the 100% electric Nissan LEAF.
This is a limited engagement and only while time slots last.

You can see it up-close and get a chance to test-drive one. But be sure to sign up now so that we can reserve the time and date you want to schedule your drive. We can't wait to see you.

Call Carlos Perez at 703.241.1000 x 1462 to schedule a time slot between 9-5.

Koons Nissan
1051 E. Broad St
Falls Church, VA 22044

Can you also post the names of the Dealers so we can add them as verified with charging stations in Charger databases? Koons and Pohanka are added now (I assume Pohanka is one that has added chargers).

Carlos, it was great meeting you today, seeing the LEAF close up, and especially taking the test drive! I look forward to working with you later this year as my EV dream turns into reality.

Steve McCollom

Well, it was just dumb luck that I read Carlos' post in this thread yesterday afternoon. Of course I'm signed up for the "drive electric tour" event in MD this weekend, but I hadn't heard that Nissan was bringing LEAFs to DC-area dealers in advance of that. Judging by the handful of names on the signup sheet at Koons Falls Church, very few other people got the news. In any event, being an old retired guy I was able to head right over to Koons and hop into the driver's seat of a silver LEAF.

The test drive was only a 1.4 mile loop, and I never got above 30 mph, but every little bit helps and I'm even more stoked for my next test drive on Sunday morning at National Harbor. The LEAF looked much better to me up close than in photos, and I'm anxious to see the red and blue colors in person. The short spin yesterday only confirmed some of what I have read in reviews; it feels like a perfectly capable compact car with more low-end torque than my Civic, and that's fine. After all, it may be some years before I ever drive an EV more than 40-50 miles from home, so I don't need a sporty ride for mountain roads. That's what my motorcycles are for, anyway.

The Nissan rep from SoCal told me to expect to order my LEAF in July and have it delivered in the fall... needless to say, I have my doubts about that, but seeing and driving the car this week will do a lot to help get me through the months ahead. Since it's nearly a year since I plunked down the $99, perhaps I'm over halfway home!

Chargers at Camp Springs MD Dealer,

Passport Nissan in MD at Rt 5 and the beltway has at least two chargers - I didn't see them but I was there for a test drive on 3/16. I had listed Passport as the dealer for my Maryland order at the Leaf reservation site. They gave me a call about a week before. On 3/16 they had a silver Leaf there. Got to take it on the Beltway which was a little loop - Rt 5 exit to St Barnabas exit. It a short loop but I was impressed they let me out on the highway. It was still peppy at highway speeds - of course I'm used to a Civic hybrid so I'm not racecar demanding - but I was impressed.

Tony Contee the sales rep said it came in the day before and the dealership employees had test drove it. It was heading out again the next day - I assume to the National Harbor demo.

Don't have a date for evaluations and charger installs in MD. ;'(

Still it was exciting. My pics are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1357345726&aid=2080379

Dave

Back