Washington, D.C. area?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tedbe

Hi everybody.

I'm in the order queue to purchase the Leaf.

I'm from College Park, MD and I did the test drive at National Harbor. The Nissan person there mentioned a website for a D.C.-area program that's offering grants for free chargers, but I didn't write down the web address. Does anyone have it?

My reaction to the test drive was all positive, except for the seats...tacky cloth and no lumbar support at all.

Any dealer recommendations in the metro area?

tedbe said:
I'm from College Park, MD and I did the test drive at National Harbor. The Nissan person there mentioned a website for a D.C.-area program that's offering grants for free chargers, but I didn't write down the web address. Does anyone have it?
These are national programs, but are available in the DC area:
For public use: http://www.chargepointamerica.com/
For personal use: http://www.theevproject.com/

tedbe said:
Criswell in Germantown has a good reputation. Avoid the College Park dealers, they are horrible. One of our members, timehorse, has started to survey the local DC area dealers at http://aecn.timehorse.com/. Or you could come to one of our upcoming EVA/DC meetings and talk to some of our members in person, many of us have already spoken to many dealers.

BTW College Park right now has just about the most charging stations in the DC area. Two ChargePoint stations are at MOMs/REI off Rhode Island Ave. UMCP just installed five ChargePoint stations on campus with five more on the way, the ribbon cutting ceremony was on Thursday: http://www.transportation.umd.edu/chargingstation.html .

Good luck,

-Doron

Has anybody heard any more about when ordering/deliveries will get underway in the DC area? Or is everyone else still "pending"?

tedbe said:
Hi everybody.

I'm in the order queue to purchase the Leaf.

My reaction to the test drive was all positive, except for the seats...tacky cloth and no lumbar support at all.

Has anybody heard any more about when ordering/deliveries will get underway in the DC area? Or is everyone else still "pending"?

I'm in Maryland, and I'm pending. I reserved on 4/20/10. I actually don't expect to be driving a car before probably October, but I'm ok with that. My assigned dealer is Chevy Chase Nissan, who seem ok, although I've had limited interaction with them. I'm also in the Electric Vehicle Association of Washington DC, and it might be useful to go to a few of theri meetings, since they are pretty current with the latest scuttlebutt.

Check out http://www.evadc.org/

Scott

Tedbe, and or rumpole, you are in the Dc area , Maryland? and reserved April 2010.

So you are in the first wave of the tier 2 orders as am I.

The current official information is orders should start for those in your spot bY "late summer 2011" however, that info was given by Nissan before the March 11th disaster.

Current best info (not official) is that the order timing is now "early 2012"

that might mean January 2012 or march 2012 to order.

SO that means you and I might get a Leaf by April 2012 at earliest to who knows June or JUly It should mean we all get 2012's with cold package (you need one of those) and maybe some other changes to , who knows

Dont plan on October.

think April or may 2012

OK, I just got an email from Nissan informing me I can order next week. Caveats: it's the 2012, and the price is up. The email says SV on a lease is $369, details:

>>$36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $26,820 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee.

Except I reserved an SL. Elsewhere on this site I see pricing on the SL is now 37K.

So now, I have to decide. My heart says get the Leaf. My head says get the Volt (it looks so much better and no range anxiety). My head also says get neither, keep my paid-off car and save the $.

This is heresy, but was hoping ordering would be delayed awhile longer <G>.

I listed my dealer as Passport in Alexandria, but people on this group recommend Criswell so maybe I should switch.

Reserved back in 7/2010

Got this beautiful email stating...
Hi Rodney. Congratulations, your order for a Nissan LEAF™ has now been confirmed. We'd like to thank you for your business and for supporting our goal of making electric driving a reality for everyone.

Your Nissan LEAF will take approximately 3 - 4 months from your order date to its arrival at your dealer.

Charger assessment is 8/23/11
Ordered a red 2012 SL
Can hardly stand the suspense...

tedbe said:
...So now, I have to decide. My heart says get the Leaf. My head says get the Volt (it looks so much better and no range anxiety). My head also says get neither, keep my paid-off car and save the $.
The only reason I can see for posting this here is to get encouragement to buy the LEAF. So, here it is: I love my LEAF and would buy it again, even at these prices. The monetary benefit from fuel savings (approx $200 a month for me) will make the lease payment feel a lot better.

Ordered on "Opening Day" and confirmed (twice) for Maryland delivery in December, 2011. Most recent confirmation was today.

Back