Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afn10694

I logged into my account early this morning (4am) and noted that I was able to pick my certified dealer (Gainesville Nissan). When I expanded my search range for other dealers to 200 miles, the web site did not bring up any other dealers. So I put a request for quote in with them. Email response gave me the internet order salerep so I called him about noon. He said he was unable to give me a response until Monday, Aug 1, until they had sorted out the procedure and settled on their policy on leaf orders. So I wait (Nissan has us in good practice for this). I bought the first private Prius in this area -- Toyota was better organized (think it was 1999).
I checked out some dealers that were listed through the USAA car buying service (supposedly 500 over factory invoice (about $700 savings on a 2011 model). Although they are not obligated to honor that price on scarce high demand models, two of the four dealers I contacted said they did not have a policy on the Leaf pricing yet. If I would submit them as my dealer they would have a policy formulated next wee and give me a quote that I could accept or reject. The USAA car buying site has the 2011 Leaf listed and will give a quote on that invoice but they do not list the 2012 yet and they were clueless over the phone.
I have an existing 220 outlet of the proper type in my garage for my 220v vertical air compressor. Since I only use the compressor occasionally, I plan on using that outlet with double duty with a levitron 1600 ""charger" I am going to see if my good electician friend can get a contractor price that is better than retail.
Any other leaf orders going in Around Gainesville or Ocala? (I am on rural farm in Williston. I also have a 2009 Prius (my forth), a 2008 Yaris (to be sold or traded), a 2000 Chev silvarado 2500 (to haul feed and livestock, a 1967 Austin Healey 3000, a 1958 Austin Healey Bugeye (the bugeye gets 45+mpg). I am ready to start buying less gasoline.

Back