Central Florida - "off grid" but available 120v outlets

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjbrinson

At the risk of being called a "power poacher", I thought it would be helpful to make a list of available "off grid" (as in, not on chargepoint or similiar site) but available 120v outlets in the area. I'm making this specific to Central Florida, so if you would like to do this for another area please make a new thread.

To make this easier for others to use I'll ask that you put the complete address, or better yet, add a link from google maps. Then a simple instructions on where the outlet would be found. It would also be helpful if you knew if there were any explicit authorization made by certain individual (i.e. owner of site).

I'll start off...

There are available 120v outlets at my work garage. The garage can be located on google maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=28.575081,-81.372149&spn=0.009139,0.019205&t=m&z=16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are at least 4 outlets per floor, and about 6 floors. I know the security gaurds very well, and they don't have a problem with people "plugging in". That may change in the future, but for now, have at it.

Does anyone know of any available 120v outlets on Walt Disney World?

I work near Kirkman / Conroy been putting off a leaf because besides the charge point at the win gate the plaza I work in ( chic fi la plaza ) doesn't supply a 120v :(

rblover69 said:
I work near Kirkman / Conroy been putting off a leaf because besides the charge point at the win gate the plaza I work in ( chic fi la plaza ) doesn't supply a 110v :(

To be honest, I have never used a charging station off of charge point. Most of my charges are done at home. I don't have to charge at work, but I do b/c I can. But I have noticed that there are plenty of places to plug into that are not on charge point.

How far away is work from your home? Are you able to have a charging dock installed at your home?

Have you checked out Plugshare?
http://www.plugshare.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There are quite a few people in the Orlando area who are sharing a J1772 or a 120 outlet. You should encourage everyone to just add their charging station there, as I have.

Ahem, There are no 110V outlets in Florida, or anywhere in the US, and haven't been for the better part of a century.

The correct specification is 120v.

=)

-Phil

Ingineer said:
Ahem, There are no 110V outlets in Florida, or anywhere in the US, and haven't been for the better part of a century.

The correct specification is 120v.

=)

-Phil

Thank you for that correction. I will make the necessary changes.

keydiver said:
Have you checked out Plugshare?
http://www.plugshare.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now I have. That's a great site. I went ahead and registered. Thanks for the info.

I wish, there was a damn plug in at the plazas around kirkman, i have no idea why these plazas dont have charging spots.

I'm trying my best to get work to put in a charging station or at the very least a 120v outlet. I'm at the Southpark Center complex off of John Young Parkway.

Anyone know if there are outlets to plugin at around Millenia Mall?

HankHillNeedsALeaf said:
I'm trying my best to get work to put in a charging station or at the very least a 120v outlet. I'm at the Southpark Center complex off of John Young Parkway.

Try putting the zip code into this search window and see what you get.

http://www.recargo.com/search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HankHillNeedsALeaf said:

I got these off of charge pointe. They are very close to Millenia Mall...

Name: OUC / OC PUBLIC WORKS
Address: 4200 S John Young Pkwy, Orlando, Florida 32839, United States
Description:
Status as of: 2012-02-08 12:08:31 (EST)
Port 1: 120V, 16A, NEMA 5-20R:Available
Port 2: 208/240V, 30A, J1772:Available
Access: Unrestricted

Name: OUC / OUC GARDENIA 01
Address: 3800 Gardenia Ave, Orlando, Florida 32839, United States
Description: Next to handicapped parking on right of main entrance.
Status as of: 2012-02-08 12:10:06 (EST)
Port 1: 120V, 16A, NEMA 5-20R:Available
Port 2: 208/240V, 30A, J1772:Available
Access: Unrestricted

HankHillNeedsALeaf said:

That is where I worked and I found many very suitable already existing outlets but those ignorant greedy people ended up firing me over it!

Back