Denver Colorado LEAF Gathering #2: 24 March 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batzman

Date, Location, and Time... all set for the 2nd meet!

It will be held at the GoNissan Location @ 2400 West 104th Avenue, Denver ---> February 24th at 12pm noon.

Go Nissan will be:

- blocking off some parking for us around their dual L2 charger
- providing a meeting room just inside the parking location
- allow or even provide a grill for hot dogs, burgers, etc.
- etc.

Can I get an idea of who will be there? We will also have some SWAG (including a Nissan Leaf Backpack to a lucky person) :D

Good question... I will need to call them, however I was going to place a call to the Denver Nature and Science Museum because they do and it is FREE. I am a member there and we can use that parking lot... I just need to see if they would block out some spaces by the charger for our meet-up and also to see if they have any meet spots inside.

coqui said:
Does the Denver Botanical Garden provide L2 chargers?

batzman said:
I was going to place a call to the Denver Nature and Science Museum because they do and it is FREE. I am a member there and we can use that parking lot... I just need to see if they would block out some spaces by the charger for our meet-up and also to see if they have any meet spots inside.

This would be a great location!

Alright... I heard back from the Denver Nature and Science Museum. They don't seem to be too accommodating.

First, in order to have a meeting space, the smallest and least costly room would be $450. If we were to have any beverages or food, then they will charge for the catering. Bringing in outside items are not allowed.

Second, the L2 charger (while free), is not reservable... through them anyway and they can't or won't reserve any more parking spots.. so it would be first come first serve.

These two things, in my opinion, rule out that location.

This leaves an option for a Walgreens location that does have a L2 charger. I like the Walgreens option, as the charger is still FREE and their parking lots are never full. So the only missing link is a place to congregate if the weather isn't that great.

Can I get some more ideas of a meeting location that would have a L2 charger?

paying anything for a meet is out of the question in my mind. i would talk with a local restaurant in the area. most are glad to accommodate simply because it would be a crowd of people who will probably eat

DaveinOlyWA, I couldn't agree more. Also, according to PlugShare there are two options for a meet with L2 down south of Denver...

The attached image shows three, but one is just a 120plug. So the two options are a Walgreens and the other a Nissan Dealer (which are the ones that are circled)

The Nissan Dealer will have the standard two L2 charging ability while the Walgreens only one.
There are restaurants close by to both locations so I am needing others to chime in and give their opinion on the locations or offer an alternative.

DaveinOlyWA said:
paying anything for a meet is out of the question in my mind. i would talk with a local restaurant in the area. most are glad to accommodate simply because it would be a crowd of people who will probably eat

Attachments

• South Denver EVSEs.jpg
    South Denver EVSEs.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 150
I'm truly bummed about the obstacles surrounding the Denver Nature and Science Museum site.

I really liked the centralized location and the whole nature and science theme - a perfect venue for our first meet-up!

That said, I'm still game!

Are there any other public sites that support L2 charging? The Denver Zoo? Children's Museum? Elitches? The Pepsi Center? Union Station? Public Library? etc...

If not, a Walgreens' location with an eating establishment nearby would do in a pinch...

Since February isn't an ideal time of year for this suggestion, perhaps a future meet-up might be held at a local camp site! I'm picturing an entire site filled with Leafs all charging at the same time on 110v or (220v - with modified EVSEs)!

Bar-B-Q fare, served up with an environmental flair!!!! :D

Great job, Batzman, keep us posted!

Though I wasn't too pleased with my leasing experience, there is a Black Eyed Pea just across the street from Larry Miller Nissan on Broadway, and I believe a Gunther Tooty's within a short distance of the Nissan Dealership on Arapahoe...

Are there any restaurants near some of the other Leaf Certified Nissan Dealerships further North? I'm not to familiar with them or what their surrounding areas have to offer in the way of dining....

NREL would be fun. Vistor Center is cool. L2 charging available.

AmpUpCO said:
Though I wasn't too pleased with my leasing experience, there is a Black Eyed Pea just across the street from Larry Miller Nissan on Broadway, and I believe a Gunther Tooty's within a short distance of the Nissan Dealership on Arapahoe...

Yes, it would seem that this Nissan location is also an option. Below is a picture for everyone's consideration as there are numerous eating places around.

Attachments

• Larry Miller Nissan.jpg
    Larry Miller Nissan.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 146
Let me talk to my people at Eaton in Littleton.

Maybe Eaton has some pull. I'm pretty sure the DC L3 charger at NREL(National Renewable Energy Laboratory)located in Golden, CO is Eaton branded.

I will personally call Clean Cities Denver Metro Coalition today.

Also, maybe Eaton will help pay for some or any expenses.

I will let you know ASAP.

Not to sway the meet-up for my neck of the woods.... but this Walgreens location would be really good.

10390 N. Federal Blvd. Federal Heights, CO 80260

It has an L2 charger, a plethora of restaurants within walking distance (including a Starbucks - inside the local Safeway), plenty of parking, etc.

Just throwing it out there. :roll:

Attachments

• Westminster Walgreens.jpg
    Westminster Walgreens.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 62
I spoke with my contact at Eaton. He offered up their offices(with meeting rooms) at either their Lakewood, Littleton or Aurora locations.

He is also calling his contact at NREL!!!

Sounds great! Littleton would certainly be the easiest to reach for us folks down in Colorado Springs. Can we assume they'd have a few L2 (or L3) chargers available there? I would definitely need to get to 100% to make it back home again.

GREENEV said:
I spoke with my contact at Eaton. He offered up their offices(with meeting rooms) at either their Lakewood, Littleton or Aurora locations.

He is also calling his contact at NREL!!!

Perhaps SolarCity (local distributors of ClipperCreek EVSEs) might be interested in sponsoring. They have an office in Parker, and in north Denver near 36&25

http://www.solarcity.com/pressreleases/95/SolarCity-to-Make-Solar-Powered-Electric-Vehicle-Charging-Available-Across-its-Service-Territory-.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know anyone there however.

Ok gang, I got some good news.

The best most sensible meeting spot is at the Walgreen's in "Foxfield." It is at the corner of Arapahoe Road and Parker Roads. There are literally 30-40 places to eat at that intersection. It's on the border of Aurora, Parker and Centennial.

I will decide on a decent place to eat or have the meeting ASAP.

GREENEV said:
Walgreen's in "Foxfield." It is at the corner of Arapahoe Road and Parker Roads. There are literally 30-40 places to eat at that intersection. It's on the border of Aurora, Parker and Centennial.

That is a couple miles from my house if anyone needs to top off with the L2 charger there.

Great. Thanks reeler for offering up your EVSE.

So now, we just need to pick a restaurant.

So there will be TWO L2 chargers within three miles or so of each other. One at the Walgreen's in Foxfield and one at GO Nissan on Arapahoe off of I-25 plus reelers too. So, THREE L2 chargers to boot.

I think this area is the best shot.

Looking for a spot to meet.........................

Back