Bellevue Nissan DCQC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

What's the story on the QC station at Nissan of the Eastside in Bellevue? I read pPlugShare remarks stating that they won't let people use it unless they agree to allow the dealership to change the car's plate holder for one from that dealer or pay $30.00!

Apparently they also require the driver to surrender his key fob until they leave. Was this DCQC station put in with Federal money??

I don't know about federal money, but I doubt it.

Their actions track what I'd heard before about trying to L2 charge there.

Luft said:
What's the story on the QC station at Nissan of the Eastside in Bellevue? I read pPlugShare remarks stating that they won't let people use it unless they agree to allow the dealership to change the car's plate holder for one from that dealer or pay $30.00!

Apparently they also require the driver to surrender his key fob until they leave. Was this DCQC station put in with Federal money??

looks like a few of those comments on PlugShare were made before the DCFC went in. according to Aaron (a service tech there, focused on the LEAF) the AV unit was provided to them by Nissan. Doesn't seem to be a unit installed for the electric highway from what I understand.

Last info Aaron passed along was that they were trying to establish a cost structure for non-customers or VIP service members. He's pretty active on the "Seattle Nissan LEAF Owners" group on facebook, if you're interested in checking out the discussions there.

... curious about that license plate frame, and getting free boosts.

sounds like the DCFC (DCQC) at Nissan of the Eastside isn't currently operational, they are waiting on a 2nd unit and will be installing the 2 of them at the same time. along with additional L2's

This could be a good thing when looking at the big picture. Sure... the privileged will have access to private DCQC chargers of the future, but since we in Oregon and Washington have 50 something public DCQC's and growing, there are many options. It's really just the EV world evolving. In fact, other Nissan dealers will follow their lead just to stay in the game. Next you have them at every corner quickie mart/gas stations too.

We already rule the transportation world... most people just don't know it yet.

thisguyfel said:
Luft said:

looks like a few of those comments on PlugShare were made before the DCFC went in. according to Aaron (a service tech there, focused on the LEAF) the AV unit was provided to them by Nissan. Doesn't seem to be a unit installed for the electric highway from what I understand.

Last info Aaron passed along was that they were trying to establish a cost structure for non-customers or VIP service members. He's pretty active on the "Seattle Nissan LEAF Owners" group on facebook, if you're interested in checking out the discussions there.

... curious about that license plate frame, and getting free boosts.
Nissan provided it... Interesting...

I wonder if Nissan is going to provide more dealerships with quick chargers? There are Nissan dealerships everywhere and Nissan could fill in holes in the charging infrastructure. That could make a big difference in EV adoption. Hopefully the Bellevue dealership will consider that fact when they do set their prices instead of being completely self-serving.

This is an old thread, but I saw this announcement this morning:

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/gov-inslee-bellevue-nissan-open-new-ev-fast-charging-depot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"BELLEVUE, Wash. – Washington State Gov. Jay Inslee today officially opened a first-of-its-kind EV fast-charging depot at the new Bellevue Nissan outside Seattle. The fast-charging depot features six fast-charging stations – the largest group of fast chargers at any dealership in America.

Bellevue Nissan, formerly Nissan of the Eastside at Bellevue, is opening the new charging depot at their brand new dealership, which is also opening today. As one of the nation's top-selling Nissan LEAF dealers, Bellevue Nissan identified an opportunity to increase the availability of public charging for local electric vehicle drivers."

Interesting..
Looks like they are going to use NRG EVgo for that, which will cover the NCTC setup.
I'm not in WA, but decided to look it up to see what it will cost.
They don't list WA on their site for plans, so I picked Sacramento.
The DCQC plan I see is the:
-On the Go Total-
ON-THE-GO TOTAL
$14.95 / Month
10¢ / min. - DCQC
$1 / hr. - L2
No Setup Fees
12 month contract.
$29 early termination fee.
-----------

Not sure if that's what they'd offer in WA, but it might be tricky for non-NCTC customers if so.
The Electric Highway / AVnet is $20/month already.

I would think some of their "potential customers" will already be on that plan, and might not want to add another $15/month.

Of course, that's all speculation at this point, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with..

Nice to see a BANK of chargers available.. ;-)

desiv

QueenBee said:
They also offer $5 session fee + $.20 per minute with no monthly fee.
Great,

Makes it much nicer as an option for people with the other plan already..
Didn't find that on their site.

That takes it to $7 or $8 for a basic charge on a Leaf. (10+ minutes)
That's a bit higher than the AVNet $7 fee if you are not a member, but not extremely outside..
Still more expensive than gas, but it's nice to have options, and the market has to "find" itself for charging.. ;-)

Thanx

desiv

desiv said:
QueenBee said:
They also offer $5 session fee + $.20 per minute with no monthly fee.
That takes it to $7 or $8 for a basic charge on a Leaf. (10+ minutes)
Ummm...actually, if their pricing is the same as on their website for the LA area, it's a $4.95 session fee PLUS $0.20 per minute PLUS a $4.95 setup fee (presumably a one-time thing).

So if you've already paid the setup fee and need get to one of these stations with one bar remaining and want to do a full charge you're looking at something like $17.00 (assuming a typical 60 minutes to get to 12 bars, and assuming that the EVSE won't stop at 80%, as some do).

So... $17.00 to go another 80 or so miles. Or about the same as an ICE that gets about 18-19 MPG.

I wish them luck... :roll:

ahagge said:
So... $17.00 to go another 80 or so miles. Or about the same as an ICE that gets about 18-19 MPG.
For occasional use - it's not that big a deal, though I don't think you want to charge much longer than 30 minutes.

If you use it frequently, you'll want the subscription plan and then each charge is much less.

Though I do agree that their choice of plans is diabolical - I'd rather see a $0.25/min plan for the first 100 minutes / month and then have the rate go down to $0.10/min for additional minutes. Overall cost is the same but so often you just want a 10-15 minute charge and a $4.95 session fee pretty much makes you stay for 30 minutes to get your money's worth.

Very happy to see 6 QC stations at one spot - almost as good as a Telsa SuperCharger!

FYI: The DCQCs are now all free for the next few weeks until eVgo can update their site, those who cant cards can get them, etc.

Back