San Francisco Area?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricMan

Hi Everyone! I just signed up to this Nissan Leaf forum...great source of info. It'll be way more fun once we all own Nissan Leafs and we can talk about them!
Is there anyone else here from Sn Fran area?

Hi electricman, I'm 300 miles north of the Bay Area on the coast. I'll bet there will eventually be lots of Leafers in SF. javan

Hi Javan, welcome to the Nissan Leaf forum!

Okay, that's a ways away, but not too far! Yes, I agree, there will probably be tons of San Francisco-ers in the area, and hopefully there will be lots on the forum so that we can share info!

Morgan Hill.

OK, strictly speaking, rain water from the part of town where I am flows to Monterey bay, but we certainly consider ourselves a suburb of San Jose.

By the way, is anyone else upset that Nissan seems to be starting with Sonoma County as its first "Bay Area" outlet? I assume that means Santa Rosa, which is more than a hundred miles from here. (Hmm, 100 -- that number sounds familiar. It couldn't be -- no, surely not. I mean, at least let me drive the car home!) :eek:

planet4ever said:
By the way, is anyone else upset that Nissan seems to be starting with Sonoma County as its first "Bay Area" outlet? I assume that means Santa Rosa, which is more than a hundred miles from here.
Where did you hear/read that?

Rat said:
planet4ever said:
By the way, is anyone else upset that Nissan seems to be starting with Sonoma County as its first "Bay Area" outlet? I assume that means Santa Rosa, which is more than a hundred miles from here.
Where did you hear/read that?
Well, at least I said "seems to be". It looks now like I should have said "seemed to be". It was an inference from statements by Nissan that they would first distribute the vehicle in the areas where they were focusing on infrastructure for it, and a separate statement that they had established infrastructure partnerships in California with San Diego and Sonoma County [only]. I went back to find that statement, and now it says

Nissan has spearheaded a holistic approach to zero-emission mobility by working with states, municipalities, utility companies and other partners, to prepare markets and infrastructure. Nissan has formed more than a dozen partnerships in the United States, in areas including State of Tennessee, the State of Oregon, Sonoma County, San Diego and San Francisco in California, ...
San Francisco sure sounds a lot better than Santa Rosa from where I sit.

scottsim said:
Nope...not upset.
:) I expected that. (I happen to know that he lives closer to Santa Rosa than I do.)

I agree SF is better than Santa Rosa or Sonoma, at least for those of us south of both, but I'm hoping that means the SF region, not just the city. It seems to me that down here in the heart of Silicon Valley (and maybe the Gilroy area too) are better spots to kick off because the flat terrain, higher incomes, warmer weather, and very receptive high-tech atmosphere here would be more conducive to a successful early experience with EVs than SF. SF is great for scenic vistas and tourist attractions but it's a horrible place to buy, drive, or park cars of any kind.

That said, I've been probing Nissan dealers, and so far the one I've found who seems most "on board" for the Leaf launch is Serramonte Nissan, just south of SF. I'd be interested to know what dealer contacts and reactions others in the Bay Area have had.

Anyone going to see the Leaf over the next couple of days?

Sacramento tomorrow
Santa Rosa Monday
Santa Cruz Tuesday
Modesto Wednesday

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Route/stages.html

Could you report back on what you see/hear in the 'Leaf in California this next week' thread?

mwalsh said:
Anyone going to see the Leaf over the next couple of days?

Sacramento tomorrow
Santa Rosa Monday
Santa Cruz Tuesday
Modesto Wednesday

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Route/stages.html

Could you report back on what you see/hear in the 'Leaf in California this next week' thread?

I might be able to make it up to Big Bear on Friday. I'm off work that day...I think I'll wait and see what others report before committing. If it's a mock-up that you cannot touch, I'll wait for a real test drive scenario.

mrxxmas said:
Concord, CA.

Reserved May 14, 2010.

Welcome, thats what I was looking for. Hopefully, more will come.

Reservervation # : 9649CDCO

Wow. That looks like that actual reservation serial number !! Our reservation numbers are incomprehensible ...

Back