San Diego Leaf Gathering #1 (Location Change)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

With a tip of the hat to Gary, who has organized Leaf gatherings in Orange County, I thought to myself....We should do that in San Diego!!!

So I thought I'd make a post and see if there's interest. I'm thinking about October 30, and that'll give us enough time to drum up interest and it'll be after the Nissan Drive event on October 15-17 (so we'll have lots to talk about).

I like the idea of a breakfast buffet, and it's hard to beat the Hometown buffet...

So how about this?

Mira Mesa Hometown Buffet
10660 Camino Ruiz
San Diego, CA 92126

(Note new location: The Clairemont Drive location will be closed for remodeling.)

Saturday, October 30, 2010
Start time approximately 8:30am

Are you in?

They even have a buy 1-get 1 free eclub discount:
http://www.oldcountrybuffet.com/public/emailClub.html

Thanks, Randy

I would drive down and join you, but I am scheduled to be radioactive that weekend! Can anybody beat that excuse?

Since I should not be "glowing in the dark" radioactive, if I feel good enough, I might be able to make it anyway, ... but no french kissing, and only short hugs. :lol:

We shall see, but you will enjoy meeting each other. :)

I just wanted to bump this back to the top. I suppose lots of SAN folks haven't seen it yet? We should have more interest than this, I would think. :?

Book me as tentative as well... should be able to make it work though I'm not sure Clairemont is 'in range' from San Marcos (well, I guess it is...but only if it's within the first 3-5 years or so of purchase...then it might only be 80% in range) :)

garygid said:
I would drive down and join you, but I am scheduled to be radioactive that weekend! Can anybody beat that excuse?

Since I should not be "glowing in the dark" radioactive, if I feel good enough, I might be able to make it anyway, ... but no french kissing, and only short hugs. :lol:

We shall see, but you will enjoy meeting each other. :)

I hope you can make it, Gary; I'd like to meet you, since you have contributed so much to this forum. If you do come, we'll be looking for "Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer". :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Thanks, it would be great to meet you (all) too.

I eat the I-131 pill on Wednesday, and have the scan on Friday. So, by Saturday AM, I will be hungry. Maybe I can get some light gloves. :lol:

Should consider carpooling - lots of park & rides along the major freeways.

I'm not planning on attending this meet - but would be interested in a meet after people start getting their Leafs...

Bumping this back up so more will see it. Please join us for some Leaf talk on Saturday 10/30. We can talk about the recent test drives, or whatever other Leaf topics pop up....

Randy

Bumping back up to the top. I just received an email from Hometown (because I signed up for their discount program) that says the Clairemont location is closed for remodeling from 10/27 through 11/2. So we're going to have to change locations...

I'm thinking the Mira Mesa location, which is a few miles north, at 10660 Camino Ruiz....Same start time, approximately 8:30...

Does that work for everyone?

Thanks, Randy

shouldn't this be called a leafless gathering instead of a leaf gathering? I'm looking forward to the leaf gathering at the San Jose Silicon Valley Marathon this weekend.

Bump to the top...

Hey San Diego and So Cal Leafers! Please join us at the Mira Mesa Hometown Buffet this Saturday 10/30 at 8:30am to get to know each other and talk about the Leaf. Leon will be there from Mossy, as well as several other Leaf enthusiasts (including Gary from Orange County).

Let's talk about the recent test drives and any other Leaf-y topics you can think of!!!

Looking forward to seeing you there!!!

Randy
Mr. Cayenne Red

Final bump to all interested San Diego Leafers...

Please join us Saturday morning at Hometown Buffet in Mira Mesa at 830am to talk with other interested Leafers...

I'll be wearing my Red Nissan Leaf windbreaker...

See you,

Randy

Back