Good LEAF collision shop in OC/South West LA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Well no good deed goes unpunished, and helping get rid of the church's e-waste this morning certainly didn't earn me any good karma - guy parked next to me turned to his right instead of pulling straight out of his spot as he was leaving. Said he was distracted by another vehicle. He's quite willing to pay, but that doesn't make me any less bummed. :(

So I need a collision shop locally that is really good with the LEAF. Nissan dealership shop even. Probably just needs the fender pulling out at the bottom and realigning, the bumper cover removed and any hidden damage repaired -(I can hear broken plastic floating around in there and the bumper cover mounting points on the fender are tweaked), then the fender tip (at least) and the bumper cover repainting.

Sigh.

Attachments

• photo44.JPG
    photo44.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 168
mike,
i recommend the south bay collision shop on PCH in Manhattan Beach run by Autonation.
Ray is the boss.
he has repaired my car twice.
tell him i referred, as you will.

red leaf, rear-ended twice.
pm me for more info.

Well, I went to Fix and didn't really get a warm and fuzzy, if I'm being honest. Plus their quote was $1600, which was $400-$600 more than I was expecting. :shock:

So instead I'm going to Big Ron's in Garden Grove. Big Ron's has been around since the 1970s, and we've had cars in there before and been pretty happy with the results. Though they've not been MY cars, (SO's, DIL's, etc...) so I really didn't care much, so long as it didn't look horrible. My own car...well it has to be perfect, frankly.

Big Ron came in at a much more reasonable $857, and I really don't want the old fella who ran into me to be unnecessarily burdened, so we'll give it a go. Wish me luck, and I'll post the results either way.

It really makes a difference when you pay the bill. In my case a woman turned into me and her insurance paid for the repair and a rental car. As I said I was happy but I paid nothing.

Stopped by to see if I could see if there had been any progress on my car since I'd dropped it off on Friday. Shop was closed, as expected, but the yard was open due to other tenants being there, so I was able to take a peek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 76
Well, my baby is back to almost new again, but before I comment further you fully need to understand what an anally retentive perfectionist I am. So you can figure that I saw the one speck of dust that got into the paint before they clear coated the fender tip before I'd even gotten the bill paid and my keys back. :?

However, with that said, I'm am really happy with the way the bumper came out. And if you consider that they've completely erased all the stone chips and road rash my bumper did have, I'm actually WAY ahead on the blemish front, and can therefore forgive one speck of dust (particularly as I've seen brand new cars come from the factory with similar paint defects).

So, yes, 99.9% happy with the job Big Ron's did. :mrgreen:

repaired.JPG

After thinking this was well and truly behind me, I'm in the dealership having my LEAF looked at today and I've been told that (now they've seen evidence that my car was accident damaged - a bit of overspray someplace apparently) no mechanical issues on that side of the car will be covered under warranty. :(

Mike, sorry for your "punishment for doing good works".

Hopefully Nissan cannot void your warranty on one side
of the car, even though one dealer (which dealer?) said so,
due to federal law covering that situation.

Will you join us at HTB in Cerritos (on South Street, two blocks
East of the 605) this coming Saturday (9th of May) for breakfast?
They open at 8 AM. Phil intends to bring his new BMW i3.

Cheers, my friend, Gary

garygid said:
Mike, sorry for your "punishment for doing good works".

Hopefully Nissan cannot void your warranty on one side
of the car, even though one dealer (which dealer?) said so,
due to federal law covering that situation.

Will you join us at HTB in Cerritos (on South Street, two blocks
East of the 605) this coming Saturday (9th of May) for breakfast?
They open at 8 AM. Phil intends to bring his new BMW i3.

Cheers, my friend, Gary

I can only offer a "I'll try" at this point. If I can, I may show up just for the comradery and not the breakfast - I've not been well and my appetite is still all shot to hell.

Back