Blink IKEA Carson Non-Operational

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimSouCal

Hi, I was at IKEA Carson, and thankfully, didn't NEED a charge, because all units are non operational at that location. Perhaps I could have begged a L1 bump. I've used IKEA chargers at Carson and the IKEA near Irvine....

I then noted that the Carson stations are indicated as non available on the blink phone app. I sent an email to Blink asking them what was the status, and haven't heard back. I will also email the local IKEA marketing rep...

For what it's worth, it's this kind of shifting foundation of availability of grabbing a charge that makes the EV drive more of an adventure, and not necessarily pleasant... Of course there are nearby chargers, but how nice to bump up while shopping and not killing time at a Carls Jr...

Thoughts anyone? How long have they been on "the blink" (couldn't resist) ?

JimSouCal said:
Hi, I was at IKEA Carson, and thankfully, didn't NEED a charge, because all units are non operational at that location. Perhaps I could have begged a L1 bump. I've used IKEA chargers at Carson and the IKEA near Irvine....

I then noted that the Carson stations are indicated as non available on the blink phone app. I sent an email to Blink asking them what was the status, and haven't heard back. I will also email the local IKEA marketing rep...

For what it's worth, it's this kind of shifting foundation of availability of grabbing a charge that makes the EV drive more of an adventure, and not necessarily pleasant... Of course there are nearby chargers, but how nice to bump up while shopping and not killing time at a Carls Jr...

Thoughts anyone? How long have they been on "the blink" (couldn't resist) ?

Since November of last year. Always an idea to check on PlugShare before visiting any station you're really going to need.

Blink has apparently been notified several times that they are down, and doesn't seem terribly interested investigating the reason.

mwalsh said:
Always an idea to check on PlugShare before visiting any station you're really going to need.

Blink has apparently been notified several times that they are down, and doesn't seem terribly interested investigating the reason.
Yep. Thanks. Blink may just be overwhelmed. I get the feeling the company was started by well meaning but not so competent folks, and they've now on board have been picking up the pieces ever since... Conjecture... Anyway....

Just a thought, or really a question... Sometimes plug share doesn't have the most current information for some proprietary networks..?

Thanks again.

Not only are these units nonoperational, IKEA has reduced the number of EVSEs by two. This is a location I used to use fairly regularly due to the close proximity to my gym.

The dismal state of the Blink infrastructure makes me appreciate NRG's eVgo rollout. They may be expensive, but they're rarely iced and typically very reliable in my experience. I hope Blink can pull out of their tailspin.

Back