Let's get the Blink Stations at San Diego Library operational

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSurferDude

The Blink stations at the San Diego downtown Library were installed 8 months ago, but they are not operational. There seems to be some non-technical reason for this. I contacted Blink. There response was:

"It appears that all of these units have been put on hold since about 8 months ago. We are under contract with the host of these units, but have not been given the go ahead to install them yet. We have recently been in touch with the host and are working on resolving this issue."

When pressed them further the response was:

"We appreciate your concern in this matter and would like you to know that we are actively working with the host of this location to resolve this issue. Unless you are a registered contact with the City of San Diego and should be involved in our communication with the City of San Diego to get these units setup, there is no further information I can provide.

I can understand that having these chargers sitting at the library inoperable must be quite frustrating, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. We are working to get these units up and running as soon as possible."

I am in the process of contacting the library to encourage them to get these units operational. (I suspect the only technical problem now is throwing a switch.)

I approach this form of social media for help, as the San Diego City government and Blink seem to be at loggerheads.

Anybody have any ideas on getting these stations on?

OldSurferDude said:
The Blink stations at the San Diego downtown Library were installed 8 months ago, but they are not operational. There seems to be some non-technical reason for this. I contacted Blink. There response was:

"It appears that all of these units have been put on hold since about 8 months ago. We are under contract with the host of these units, but have not been given the go ahead to install them yet. We have recently been in touch with the host and are working on resolving this issue."

When pressed them further the response was:

"We appreciate your concern in this matter and would like you to know that we are actively working with the host of this location to resolve this issue. Unless you are a registered contact with the City of San Diego and should be involved in our communication with the City of San Diego to get these units setup, there is no further information I can provide.

I can understand that having these chargers sitting at the library inoperable must be quite frustrating, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. We are working to get these units up and running as soon as possible."

I am in the process of contacting the library to encourage them to get these units operational. (I suspect the only technical problem now is throwing a switch.)

I approach this form of social media for help, as the San Diego City government and Blink seem to be at loggerheads.

Anybody have any ideas on getting these stations on?
Blnk is owned by CarCharging. They work up here in the Bay Area but not reliably. I am assuming you are interested in NCTC.
Some SD info I read today
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1102918_san-diego-car2go-car-sharing-service-drops-electric-smarts-for-gasoline-models

Back