Electrician Recommendations for EVSE Installation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plugg

Hello fellow Seattle Leaf Owners,

After almost 3 years of thoroughly enjoying my Leaf (2013 SV), I'm ready to deepen my commitment to driving electric into the future. To date I've charged on L1 at home with a very occasional L2 public charge when necessary. Last weekend I purchased an AeroVironment EV Charging Station (Plug-In, 25' cable, 30A, 7.2kW) from a generous, former Leaf owner. I'm excited to get it up and running at my home but I need recommendations from this venerable community for a reputable, certified electrician that will not break my modest bank. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! :D

I live in the Seattle area and had "Exact Electric" install a 240 V outlet for my EVSE in October 2013. They did a great job and I've had no problems. I paid $280 + tax for the work. My EVSE just plugs into a 240 V P-50 outlet so the job consisted of adding a 240 volt outlet near my breaker box in the garage. It was a short run (6 feet or so). They also wired in a power meter to the outlet which has allowed me to monitor exactly how much energy I put into the car. The meter was cheap, I bought it on line, and they installed it as part of the job. I've really enjoyed being able to track my consumption. (Total kWh into car is 9364 for 36326 miles)

Nice guys, easy to work with. I'd hire them again.

Zach Euse, Owner/Operator
Exact Electric LLC
Lic# EXACTEL927RK
10115 Greenwood Ave N; #233
Seattle, WA. 98133
Ph. 206-434-6915
Fax 206-783-1413
exactelectric.com

Back