palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Re: San Francisco Recycling Yards

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:29 am

I thought it was dumb as well but every car in all the recycling yards around here had the cable cut. Hopefully somebody knows of an area without this policy and I can purchase a cable.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011
Driving electric since 1996

First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss

Cor
Delivery Date: 07 Jul 2015

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:51 pm

palmermd wrote:I thought it was dumb as well but every car in all the recycling yards around here had the cable cut. Hopefully somebody knows of an area without this policy and I can purchase a cable.

Would it be possible to replace the two wires in your cut cable with welding cable or similar?
After all, it is within a protective sheating that you likely also will need to replace and it be protected from direct impact by the belly pan
as well as being surrounded by sheet steel on all sides except below.

palmermd

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:31 pm

Cor wrote:
palmermd wrote:I thought it was dumb as well but every car in all the recycling yards around here had the cable cut. Hopefully somebody knows of an area without this policy and I can purchase a cable.

Would it be possible to replace the two wires in your cut cable with welding cable or similar?
After all, it is within a protective sheating that you likely also will need to replace and it be protected from direct impact by the belly pan

We'll its not the wire that is hard, it is the cable ends. And I don't want to fabricate my own cable by splicing the center section.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011

First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss

Cor

Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:40 pm

palmermd wrote:
Cor wrote:

We'll its not the wire that is hard, it is the cable ends. And I don't want to fabricate my own cable by splicing the center section.

Did you try calling SacCity where I picked up my pack? I have not seen the cable as the belly pan was still on it when they asked me to point out where the battery was located, so I presume that the cable was still OK. Hope they have not yet gotten rid of it, they had it a week when I went there 2 months ago. It was their first Leaf.

Cor

Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:59 pm

palmermd wrote:I'm at a loss at this point. Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone parting a 2011/2012?

Earlier this week I removed the inverter, motor, junction box and the HV Battery wire from a junk 2011.
Are you still looking for the orange HV cable from battery to the junction box? I have one, undamaged.
Hope this finds you in time.
Cor.

palmermd

Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:21 pm

I did end up purchasing one from Nissan since I could not find a used one anywhere that was intact.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011

First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss

Return to “Pacific USA”