Dealer recommendation for Leaf servicing around Los Angeles (I'm near Pasadena)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taloyd

Hello,

Had a few bad experiences at Nissan of Duarte (where I bought my car) and so am looking for any recommendations for service in the area. I haven't tried Glendale though it's right by my because the salesman there lied to me, but that's sales not service. I'm a few days away from 50k blissfully quiet clean miles. :)

Just looking for a dealer service/mechanic recommendation. I wish I could bring the car to a normal mechanic, but the whole they-might-get-electrocuted-to-death thing is a real turn-off.

Cheers,
Tal

Addendum! I work in the west San Fernando Valley, so anywhere along the way (101/134) is fair game, as well as pretty much all of the SFV.

Cheers,
Tal

I'm not sure what to make of your post.
Is this a serious question?
What "service" do you need done?

Brakes?
Struts?
Tires?
Alignment?
Oil Change? :roll:

If the car is off, there is no electricity.
If the car is "off" it's just another car.
Contactor inside the battery housing.

I love my dealer, but when I need out of warranty stuff done (and there isn't much) I don't go near there.

I can't speak to having any experience except with Nissan Downtown, and it was fine for typical normal stuff... As they sold a decent number of LEAFs I'd imagine they've fixed a few.

And I agree, lots of the stuff you may need could be handled by any mechanic, or even you if you can wrench a little... Tires, not dealer. Wiper blades, order online. Cabin air filter, not hard. Brake fluid, maybe not worth the hassle, but it's typical like other cars... New 12V battery is likely next for me, but using desulfating CTEK charger so it might be fine for a while... Patience on that...

One thing I can say is the more you know going in, the more likely you'll have a better outcome with any service entity. That said, I've heard of people misdiagnosing a problem, and ordering the service, and finding out as a customer that perhaps letting the tech diagnose first would have saved some money...

I am hoping to avoid some of the giant issues I've read about--I've heard the original Japanese built cars were better outfitted with components, etc.

Good luck to us all in any case...

Backstory - I'm a not incompetent shade tree mechanic - have replaced transmissions, clutches, installed new suspension (shocks/struts/springs), etc.

I bought this car ~because~ it has little maintenance needed. But it's still a car with shocks, struts, bearings and still needs service. The particular dealer I bought it from completely failed me, repeatedly, over and over again, to the point that I had to get Nissan involved, and that's still ongoing. I'd rather not visit them again until that's wrapped up.

Yes, I can rotate the tires myself, I can do all the few filters on the car - but in general I'd like a dealer I can go to - that's all the original question was addressing.

I'll try Nissan of Downtown, although they're a bit awkward for me. I'll probably try Nissan of Glendale first since they're next door to me, and my only bad experience there was with the sales department, not service.

Thanks for anything constructive,
Tal

You can use Costco's auto parts and service discount program to save 15% off of whatever LEAF service you need at a local participating Nissan dealer, up to a max of $500...

See this web link:
http://www.costcoauto.com/parts_and_service/enterzipcode.aspx?gotourl=%2fparts_and_service%2fdefault.aspx

Costco works with local dealers of all types of cars to offer a 15% discount on parts and service. Go to the page above and type in your zip code and fill out the page to indicate you own a Nissan LEAF. They'll identify a local Nissan dealer who is participating in the program for 15% off parts and service ($500 max). Since you are open to a dealer along your commute, you might have to try different zip codes to see what is available.

I hope that helps...

Randy

I'd look forward to hearing how this goes for you... No slight intended on your wrenching abilities, but these posts are read by many, and some folks just don't know how easy some routine items can be addressed by any entity, including oneself, with mechanical skills.

Although I'm optimistic, at some point, if we keep a LEAF in service long enough, and major or minor component is likely to need repair and/or replacing... I've posted elsewhere that if an independent shop appears on the horizon, I'd like to know about it... As in my earlier post, I'd default to Downtown Nissan barring any reports of egregious behavior or any display of anything other than competence.

Glendale is in range for me as well, so please tell how it goes if you end up using then... We all will benefit... Cheers.

Back