Los Angeles Metro Area Leafers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an approximation, it appears that less than 1 in 100 (about 100 of 10,000) of the "Reserved" Leafers have found this forum.

You might want to let your dealer know about the forum to help attract other "Leafers" in your area.

Yes, I did get the Congratulations email. I ordered on May 15 and received the electronic confirmation at that time, but two days later on May 17, I received the congratulations in my email.

Hello,

I am a future leafer. I am in Burbank. I am signed up and hope we can get our test drives by the end of summer! Is LA one of the cities with possible free home chargers?

-Peter

garygid said:
I think, in CA, only the San Diego area is an EVProject test area, so only those folks will get offered the "free" (almost) EVSE (not "charger", which is in the LEAF).

I think Gary is right... the other day when I called Nissan they said AeroVironment would be calling in July to setup my home inspection and no mention of the EVProject Questionnaire I filled out.

I am in LA City, specifically Leimert Park and have reserved a blue SL though I would prefer green. I am interested in continued postings here by those in LA City. I have already started dealing with the DWP in preparation for getting the EVSE installed in our single family home (outside garage wall probably, no room in garage for cars). DWP and LA Building and Safety are sure not ready for this yet. Their information is non-existent at this point. I have gotten DWP to come to the house to make the drawing of where the TOU (time of use) meter would be installed by the electrical contractor. Application on DWP site for separate EV related meter is out of date and requires VIN number of vehicle and purchase date. I have told them verbally this won't work since I need to get the installation done prior to purchasing the car so that I can start charging it right away. Anyhow, I am interested in anyone else's experiences thus far.

Finally got a call from the EV Project today. I have an assessment scheduled for next week. I'm in Studio City. I was surprised when he told me I am one of the first assessments they're doing in L.A (I thought a lot of people already had theirs done? Maybe not for the EV Project?).

He told me I wasn't greenlighted for a free charger early on (I've been in that "you might qualify for one" group for a while) probably b/c of my survey answer about not knowing the electrical rating of my panel.

Really? Are all the other assessments that have been done through some other program? All the EVProject, ETEC, AV terminology gets awfully confusing.

All previous assessments I have seen to date have been AV (AeroVironment) which is the Nissan connection.
The EVProject is not affiliated directly with Nissan.

The primary difference is that the AV assessment results in a Cost Quote for the installation.
The EVProject should only result in a yes/no result. They should not be providing any cost estimates, since they cover all of it if you are approved.

Thanks for that clarification, garygid. I was under the impression that they simply refused you if you didn't fit their installation profile.

They MIGHT be passing on more complex installs at first, just due to their limited manpower.

However, even if that is the case, I suspect that you could probably work something out with them.

Finally got a call from the EV Project today. I have an assessment scheduled for next week. I'm in Studio City. I was surprised when he told me I am one of the first assessments they're doing in L.A (I thought a lot of people already had theirs done? Maybe not for the EV Project?).

I am in Los Angeles city. I got the Nissan email that said EV project needed more information before I could be approved for the project. I did not receive any email from them that some did asking for a response within 72 hours. I did contact the project's LA person whose number is on their website. He did not know anything about the work with us individuals. He only is focused on state and city government. He did say someone would call me. No call yet. You would think they would have set up some kind of contact number once they sent their email out, anticipating that they would get calls with questions. At any rate, I plan to call their main office next week if I have not heard anything by then. :(

Back