User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 9996
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 am

drees wrote:Tony and bobsfreeleaf will be doing a range test today. They need a gidmeter and a 2012 LEAF. Details here:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11682


I'd still like to run a 2012 LEAF in the near future. Thanks,

Tony

PlutoISaPlanet
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400750
Location: San Diego

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:30 pm

picked up a Silver Type "S" today. Think if I get painted with Car2Go colors I'll be able to swing free public parking?
2013 Silver "S" + Quick Charge Package

bobsfreeleaf
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:55 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400283
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:44 am

PlutoISaPlanet wrote:picked up a Silver Type "S" today. Think if I get painted with Car2Go colors I'll be able to swing free public parking?

Congrats! I will look out for you. What part of San Diego are you in? I have yet to see another S on the road here. Bob
Slate 2013 Nissan Leaf Model S, no upgrades. $219/mo lease; $15/mo charging solution
Bobsfreeleaf

PlutoISaPlanet
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400750
Location: San Diego

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:47 am

bobsfreeleaf wrote:Congrats! I will look out for you. What part of San Diego are you in? I have yet to see another S on the road here. Bob

Really? I've seen a ton. I can be found driving between Escondido and Little Italy.
2013 Silver "S" + Quick Charge Package

bobsfreeleaf
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:55 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400283
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:24 pm

PlutoISaPlanet wrote:
bobsfreeleaf wrote:Congrats! I will look out for you. What part of San Diego are you in? I have yet to see another S on the road here. Bob

Really? I've seen a ton. I can be found driving between Escondido and Little Italy.

That's a pretty good commute. I drive the 163 mostly, but rarely see more than 2 a day (one is one of my neighbors). When I look for the solor panel, its always there, signifying an SV/SL. Also, still not many S models in inventory on the web. I still suspect there are 10 times as many SL/SV's as S models. Are you switching out the speakers??? I hear the infinity's work well. Best Buy in Mira Mesa said they will work on the Leaf. Thx, Bob
Slate 2013 Nissan Leaf Model S, no upgrades. $219/mo lease; $15/mo charging solution
Bobsfreeleaf

PlutoISaPlanet
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400750
Location: San Diego

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:50 pm

bobsfreeleaf wrote:That's a pretty good commute. I drive the 163 mostly, but rarely see more than 2 a day (one is one of my neighbors). When I look for the solor panel, its always there, signifying an SV/SL. Also, still not many S models in inventory on the web. I still suspect there are 10 times as many SL/SV's as S models. Are you switching out the speakers??? I hear the infinity's work well. Best Buy in Mira Mesa said they will work on the Leaf. Thx, Bob


It is a hefty commute. I do it twice a week for school. I currently can't do it two days in a row w/ just the trickle charge. Looking forward to getting the a charger installed here at home. I went with the 6.6 upgrade on my "S." The other three days of the week I'm just going 8 miles to the office

I thought you meant you hadn't seen any Leafs around, not just "S"s. I'm not sure I'd really know how to spot the difference. I'm sure you're right that these are rarer but it seems they're flying off the lots as soon as dealers get them.

I'd be open to switching out the speakers but as you noticed in my thread about the bluetooth music that's first on my wishlist. I'll keep an eye out to see if you get your speakers done.
2013 Silver "S" + Quick Charge Package

RonDawg
Posts: 2633
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:46 am
Delivery Date: 11 Jan 2013
Leaf Number: 027089
Location: SoCal

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:37 am

PlutoISaPlanet wrote:I thought you meant you hadn't seen any Leafs around, not just "S"s. I'm not sure I'd really know how to spot the difference.


Unless they have been changed out, the Leaf S is easiest to spot by the wheels, which are black painted steel with plastic hubcaps on them. The 2013 SL has 17 inch alloys that were previously unavailable; the wheels of all 2011/2012 Leafs are the same 16 inch alloys as what comes with the 2013 SV.
Blue Ocean 2012 Leaf SV, lost that 1st bar on 11/21/2015 at 26,435 miles.
Lease returned on 12/23/2015. Final LeafStat figures: 225 Gids, 17.44 kWH, SOC 91.89%, SOH 82.36%, 69.49% HX, 54.57 Ahr, battery temp 61.8 F
Now driving a 2015 VW eGolf SEL

PlutoISaPlanet
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400750
Location: San Diego

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:14 am

could anyone point me to the San Diego charge spots thread on here? I saw it a few days ago but now can't find it.
2013 Silver "S" + Quick Charge Package

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 9996
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:05 am

PlutoISaPlanet wrote:could anyone point me to the San Diego charge spots thread on here? I saw it a few days ago but now can't find it.


viewtopic.php?p=131563

www.PlugShare.com

PlutoISaPlanet
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400750
Location: San Diego

Re: San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:27 pm

thanks.
Is there a resource for what these different kinds of chargers entail? So far I've figured out:

Blink has a membership that reduces the cost from $2.00 for the base guest rate down to $1.50 for a free membership and $1.00 for the plus membership that has a $30/yr. fee but is free through the rest of 2013. They'll mail you a membership card after signup.

ChargePoint requires a $5.00 fee to obtain a membership card and if you put a $25.00 balance and credit card on file they'll give you your first two charges for free. Unsure of their rates. Was poking around the Sea World chargers today (didn't take the Leaf) and it seemed like it would only accept credit cards that had the tap to pay feature... ? Didn't see a slot card reader. Rates weren't published but they're listed here as free. Didn't seem like it was free to me but that was the first one I've looked at.

Any others I should know about?
2013 Silver "S" + Quick Charge Package

Return to “Pacific USA”