San Diego Leaf Fanatics!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

How many do we have in San Diego on the board?

Please post and let us know, along with your approximate location...

I'm in Tierrasanta, and waiting for my Leaf to arrive!!!!

And, if you didn't know, the Center for Sustainable Energy is managing what's left of the $5K rebates for California, and they are located on Balboa Avenue in Kearny Mesa...I'll probably be dropping off my application in person as soon as I can....

Randy
Red SL

Randy said:
the Center for Sustainable Energy is managing what's left of the $5K rebates for California, and they are located on Balboa Avenue in Kearny Mesa...I'll probably be dropping off my application in person as soon as I can....

Hi. I reserved a Leaf on 4/20 and live in Rancho Penasquistos (a community in San Diego). I didn't realize that the Center for Sustainable Energy was handling the CA rebate for the Leaf. I had some discussions with those folks when our photovoltaic system was being installed several years ago. Are you saying that you can apply for the $5K rebate before you actually order or take delivery of a Leaf? Please explain.

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project

The above link is for the rebate page at the Center for Sustainable Energy. The link for the Leaf's rebate application is not active at this time and it says "coming Dec 2010". As I recall from browsing previously, I think you need to provide proof of registration to move forward with the rebate.

So, unfortunately, that probably means we can't apply until we get the car...I hope the money lasts or is renewed, since right now it is only funded for $4.1M and includes other vehicles...

Randy

I have not found how much of the $4M remain.
It is possible that it will be exhausted ... when?

Apparently one can apply to reserve a rebate amount, and then get the registration and sales paperwork to them in something like 10 days?

Randy said:
As I recall from browsing previously, I think you need to provide proof of registration to move forward with the rebate.

So, unfortunately, that probably means we can't apply until we get the car..

IIRC, your paperwork has to be submitted within 10 days of doing the online application. So if you know for sure you're going to get your car registration documents in time, you could submit the application a week or so in advance of them.

Hey, I thought we decided we were Leaf Rustlers. Well, fanatics is pretty descriptive, too.

Scripps Ranch, here. Blue SL. :D

If one files on-line to "reserve" a rebate, and realizes that there has been a delay in "closing" the LEAF purchase, can one file a 2nd application before the first expires?

I count 6 San Diego area future Leaf owners on this forum. That number seems unusually low considering the 900-1000 Leafs that are allocated to San Diego in its first production run. I wonder how many reservations are for the San Diego area? Has Nissan released any reservation statistics by geographic area? I also read today on another post that there will be 900 free home chargers installed in San Diego. That should be plenty for the six of us :lol:

We took a LEAF from the politicians book - we bribed 'em to give them to San Diego. :?

Frank, I don't think I can fit 150 chargers in my garage... :lol:

Have any of the San Diego reservation holders selected a "preferred" dealer on the Nissan Leaf website yet, and if so, have you been contacted by a local Nissan dealership by phone or e-mail? It appears that all of the San Diego area Nissan dealers are owned by Mossy, except the Pacific Beach dealership. There has been discusson on this forum about dealers that my attempt to sell the Leaf above the MSRP and there is a list of dealers that claim that they will sell the Leaf at MSRP. Do any of the San Diego area folks know anything about the pricing policies at the San Diego dealerships?

I chose Pacific Nissan in PB as my preferred dealer. I haven't checked lately to see if they added more, but the only other choice was Mossy in National City when I selected awhile back. I think I can change in the future if I need to.

I've been in touch with Bobby Z at Pacific Nissan via email. In an earlier note, he said the manager and owner were considering their pricing options, but I just exchanged another email with him a couple of days ago and while he didn't use the phrase MSRP, he did say that it looked like they're pricing would be at the "$33K level that Nissan has been talking about". He has also reserved one for himself.

Pricing above MSRP is a deal-killer for me, so we'll see how it goes...

There weren't as many certified dealers when we signed up. I chose the closest to me, Poway, just because it is closest. I called the sales manager and chatted with him.

I know that car salespeople do not want to talk to future buyers, they want to sell today. If they have some free time, they are happy to chat though. So we talked Leaf for just a few minutes. At that time, he and two other sales people at that location were certified.

But none of them felt they really knew anything. Or that they would find out anything more than we know before the end of June.

So I'm going to contact them again once any of us on the forum hear something concrete from Nissan. I feel I'm just wasting time, mine and theirs, bugging them before then.

Dav said:
So I'm going to contact them again once any of us on the forum hear something concrete from Nissan. I feel I'm just wasting time, mine and theirs, bugging them before then.

I agree with you. By the way, I also selected the same dealer as you did on the Nissan Leaf website because it is the closest.

Back