Just saying Hi

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer23

Hi everyone. Just saying hi. I reserved my Leaf during the initial signup period, on April 26. I live in Irvine. We installed 24 215 watt Sunpower solar panels in January of 2007, for 5.16 kW dc max capacity. Over the three years, we've consistently made 1,000 kWh ac more than we have used and I'm anxious to start using that excess power to drive an electric car.

I did get the email around May 17 that I am in one if the first markets, so I'm hoping to get my Leaf by December. My current car's lease expires in January, so that would be great timing.

I'm still trying to decide on the exterior color for my Leaf. I started with Blue and then changed to Black when they added the 360 degree exterior viewing capability on the web site. Does anyone have any idea which Nissan paint colors they are going to use for the Leaf? I'd probably like the silver if it were a dark silver. Color me undecided.

I haven't met with any of the dealers yet, but I plan to start calling the sales managers this week at Tustin, Irvine (OC Nissan) and Connell in Costa Mesa to set up meetings. I'll talk to them about their policy on MSRP and leasing rates, and try to get a feeling for which dealer I'd most like to work with.

Hey Boomer23! The silver color doesn't look like it's going to be a dark one, unfortunately. I posted the colors as they appear on actual cars here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=374&p=3318#p3318

The Blizzard Pearl on my 2010 Prius is quite nice, and a pleasing, but small, change from "just white".

However the LEAF's light blue looks to me like it might still reflect enough to keep the car cooler, but have a pleasing, non-agressive "flavor". Perhaps it reminds me of the nature-connected blue that I liked SO MUCH in the movie AVATAR.

Back