MaryC
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1284

Re: Sonoma County Leaf Owners Out There??

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Taxidan

Good report. I too am in Noe Valley so it was interesting to see that you could make it to Guerneville. See you around the neighborhood.
Blue SL, Res 4/20, RAQ 10/22, ordered 10/25, Delivered May 6th, VIN 1284, PD NorthbayTraded in
New Leaf 2014 White SV

fiestatrio
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 0684

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Good trip Taxidan, you did very well. I haven't had a chance to post my Monterey trip from 2 weeks ago now (gosh). SF to Guerneville with 22 miles to spare is better than I've done.

One key learning was that I won't every take Waldo Grade again, I figure I gained 10-12 miles of range by going through surface streets of Sausalito!

I wasn't on Stony Pt on Friday so it wasn't me you saw in the blue.
4.9 kW home solar
8 mi round-trip daily commute (up steep hil)
Reservation 4/20, ordered 9/3, home dock installed 1/13; Delivered April 1st (no kidding)
CA rebate arrived in ~2 weeks - fantastic!
CA HOV stickers ordered 4/6, arrived 5/13

kawh

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:02 am

well-- i posted this a month ago, then was away and such. still haven't made the big drive to s.f.

santa rosa/ west county owners-- we should have a get-together.

we are in west county, and have solar-- so willing to help out anyone up here needing a charge-- but don't know how to go about getting that sort of trusting relationship going. any ideas on that-- let me know.

meanwhile-- still want to know where i can charge in marin county-- i would feel much more secure with a spot there. santa rosa and petaluma are covered by dealerships.... anyone charged in marin county on the run??
kawh

MaryC

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:38 am

kawh

In downtown San Rafael there are 3 Chargepoint L2 charge stations. http://www.mychargepoint.net/find-stations.php.

These should help you out.

Mary C
Blue SL, Res 4/20, RAQ 10/22, ordered 10/25, Delivered May 6th, VIN 1284, PD NorthbayTraded in
New Leaf 2014 White SV

Phoenix
Delivery Date: 19 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1511

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:09 pm

I would suggest a meet-up at the Inman Winery to check out their EV charging station. But I don't get the sense that there are that many Leafs out there yet in Sonoma County. At the very least, there may be an advantage for us to get together at some point and see about doing a map of private plug share outlets in Sonoma County, especially for emergencies.

We love driving our Leaf from Oakland to Cazadero, and slowing down our lifestyle, thereby getting to really know the towns along the way. Last week drove from Oakland to San Francisco with another stop in Mill Valley before stopping in at Petaluma to bike, lunch, hike, shop, and oh yeah, to pick up my replacement EVSE and to re-electrify (re-fuel). Just used Hwy 101 to get to Petaluma, then Hwy 116 west to our destination on a hill. What joy! :D

david2344
Delivery Date: 09 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1431

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:24 am

I got my Leaf on May 9th from North Bay Nissan and now have about 4,200 miles on it driving in Sonoma county......

The longest trip has been From Sebastopol to Sonoma with 22 miles of range left!

Long range trips are still with my Caravan which I will need for and cargo hauling.......

Love the leaf and my wife uses it when I am out of town on trips!

I would like to get together with Sonoma County Leaf owners also.

:)

Phoenix

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Some thoughts for whenever we get together for a meet-up:

1. Map of where we are (by city or general location or whatever info one is willing to disclose) so that we know who's closest to us if we ever need emergency Leaf help (besides or in addition to, Leaf's tow service). Just from gleaning this group, sounds like Sebastopol, Kenwood, Santa Rosa & Cazadero are somewhat represented. Any other towns out there?

2. Would like to know what charging options are available north of Sonoma to the Oregon border. (Sounds like Oregon to the Canadian border may be covered by Quick Charge by Nov. 30th).

3. For someone coming from Sonoma County to San Francisco, what are inexpensive charging options around the city? Or vice-versa. Anyone interested in collaborative Leaf-share exchanges for those occasions? Sort-of like Getaround.com or Plugshare meets A Better Place.

4. Out in the boonies, is it possible to DC charge from PV solar panels? Or from batteries? (may have to check out the technical section of this forum more.)

[Edit]: 5. How's about a meet-up at the October San Francisco Bay Leaf meeting since many of us are also near enough to the city? Either before or after the actual meeting for an introductory face-to-face. I will carry a Sonoma County sign to reach out.

david2344
Delivery Date: 09 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1431

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:49 pm

I see that there are about 4 more Leaf owners in the Sebastopol area!

Is anyone interested in getting together and discussing how they are doing with their Leaf's?

Getting the heater to work in cold weather seems to be one topic being discussed! :D

Merry Christmas and a better New Year with No Gas :lol:

Phoenix

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:57 pm

I would like to see Sonoma County LEAFers explore the possibility of installing a DC Quick Charge in Healdsburg which apparently does not impose a demand charge for under 50 kw. Any commercial/business entities in Healdsburg who can clarify electrical costs/billing there? Anyone with property with easy access to the 101 freeway which could be a good location for QC? How great would that be if we could have a Sonoma County meet at a potential QC location!

MaryC

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Phoenix wrote:I would like to see Sonoma County LEAFers explore the possibility of installing a DC Quick Charge in Healdsburg which apparently does not impose a demand charge for under 50 kw. Any commercial/business entities in Healdsburg who can clarify electrical costs/billing there? Anyone with property with easy access to the 101 freeway which could be a good location for QC? How great would that be if we could have a Sonoma County meet at a potential QC location!

X2 on this.

Also note that the Coppolo Winery just installed a couple of Chargepoint docks. Slow but steady progress.
New Leaf 2014 White SV

Return to “Pacific USA”