gatedad11
Delivery Date: 11 Sep 2012

Re: San Diego - Current List of Public Charging Stations

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:44 am

Thanks for the response. Makes sense. Lou.

drees

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Looks like the first eVgo Freedom Charging Station is opening in San Diego Monday:

eVgo Freedom Charging Station Ribbon Cutting

Nissan is excited to celebrate the first eVgo Freedom Charging Station in San Diego launching Sep 30th at Fashion Valley Mall, near the Bloomingdale's entrance. The station supports all DC Fast Charging including the CHAdeMO Standard. Come celebrate with us!

7007 Friars Road, San Diego, California 92108
'11 LEAF SL Powered By 3.24 kW Enphase Solar PV

Randy
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0191

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:38 pm

drees wrote:Looks like the first eVgo Freedom Charging Station is opening in San Diego Monday:

Nissan is excited to celebrate the first eVgo Freedom Charging Station in San Diego launching Sep 30th at Fashion Valley Mall, near the Bloomingdale's entrance. The station supports all DC Fast Charging including the CHAdeMO Standard. Come celebrate with us!

I was waiting until someone else broke the news....Yes, it's here....And the first SAE Combo DC Fast charger for public use in the region as part of the installation...

TonyWilliams

Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Randy wrote:I was waiting until someone else broke the news....Yes, it's here....And the first SAE Combo DC Fast charger for public use in the region as part of the installation...

See ya there. Might even dress up for the occasion.

wsbca
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2011

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:43 pm

We attended an evening work event at Sea World over the weekend - when we pulled in the kid manning the parking booth recognized the Leaf and went out of his way to give us turn by turn directions to the cluster of Chargepoint stations in the middle of the sea of parking, and emphasize that charging was free. We were not in desperate need of juice but 3 of the four spaces were vacant (one ICEd by a Corolla) and it was near the end of the regular hours day, so I figured we'd go ahead and take them up on it to show support for the concept. We have a Chargepoint card (not currently linked to a credit card) which activated the unit, though I reckon we could have called someone to activate if we didn't have the card. It fired up right away, unlocked the plug and we were in business. Got topped up while we were at the event. I didn't know I was supposed to end the charge by waving the card again, I just unplugged.

Overall a very pleasant experience, diminished only by seeing a humungous ICE SUV wedging its way into one of the other spaces as we walked away. That really ate away at me until my attention was refocused by the violent motion of the Manta roller coaster a while later.
I was promised a jet pack!

GRA

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Randy wrote:
drees wrote:Looks like the first eVgo Freedom Charging Station is opening in San Diego Monday:

I was waiting until someone else broke the news....Yes, it's here....And the first SAE Combo DC Fast charger for public use in the region as part of the installation...

Someone please put it on Plugshare. I already sent them an email saying that they need to add a CCS option on the "Settings" menu, although based on my past experience of them completely ignoring any attempt to contact a real person there to correct errors I don't expect any action. Maybe somebody knows the secret handshake or at least a more direct way to contact them.

In any case, someone more familiar with the charger location and exactly how to get there should add the site to Plugshare and Recargo (if the latter's still possible; they've had a message up claiming that the "Filter" option would be available by the end of May, and here it is almost October).
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Randy

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:38 pm

I put it on Plugshare...

leucadialeaf
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:45 pm

There are now 2 "Parkmobile" EVSE's at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. I was there this afternoon and found a black Leaf charging there. No info on the sign or on Parkmobile's website regarding pricing, etc. Anyone know anything about these?
Silver SLe reserved 4/20/2010, ordered 10/2/2010
Del - "Month of April" since Feb. 8 2011
changed to "week of May 2" on April 8 2011
week of May 6; VIN #2239
Delivered: May 13, 2011! Woo Hoo!!

plugzin
Delivery Date: 07 Mar 2014
Leaf Number: 0826

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:34 am

There's a brand new EVGo Chademo/L2 station at Las Americas Premium Outlets, a few yards north of the Mexican border, near the intersection of Camino de La Plaza and Willow Rd. Utility meter is set and energized, but EVSE not yet ready for use. This one has to qualify for public EVSE closest to an international border!
2014 Mercedes B class 12/2014 to ?
2016 Tesla Model S 90D 12/2016 to ?
2014 Leaf SL 3/2014 - 3/2017
2011 Leaf SL 2/2014 - ?
2002 RAV4 EV 3/2002 - 6/2009
1986 Mercedes 300E 1986 - 2017

Randy

Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Ah yes...eVgo's latest Freedom Station location in San Diego down at the Las Americas outlet center. Good catch! Testing will be in a few days, and then it will be available for public use...

Don't forget eVgo's special pricing for California drivers...
http://www.evgonetwork.com/special-offers-california/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Pacific USA”