Commission to Upgrade California's EV Infrastructure

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://blogs.edmunds.com/greencaradvisor/2010/08/commission-taps-ev-connect-clippercreek-to-upgrade-califs-ev-infrastructure.html

Commission Taps EV Connect, ClipperCreek to Upgrade Calif.'s EV Infrastructure

The California Energy Commission is working with charging-technology providers EV Connect, headquartered in Huntington Beach, and Auburn-based ClipperCreek to upgrade 3,000 EV charging stations throughout the state, according to a statement today from EV Connect.

"This investment will help prepare California for a clean, energy efficient future and advance the state's transportation infrastructure," California Energy Commission member Anthony Eggert said, according to the statement.

Work on the $1.9 million project is expected to start in the fall and be finished by the end of 2011.

This is good news. I have been scouting out these charging locations along my routes of travel. It's great to know they will eventually be usable by the Leaf.

Yay, it's happening! There are several in my neighborhood that I will be relying on for power. Hope there will be a Level 3 charger close by!

I have an inquiry in to EV Connect regarding the question of how many of the existing stations are Levels 1, 2, or 3. I hope to hear back early next week.

Back