RegGuheert
Delivery Date: 16 Mar 2012
Leaf Number: 5926

Re: Climate Change Discussion

Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:18 am

The government "climate scientists" have been working overtime to lower the recorded temperatures from less than two decades ago while simultaneously raising today's temperatures to allow true believers to continue in their faith:

You don't have to wonder why the data tampering is going on, you can read about it from the data tamperers yourself:

(Just in case anyone is wondering, the above is not science, even though it is done by "scientists". Rather, the above is the corruption of scientific data in order to try to convince people to believe a lie. It's working, as the post immediately above proves.)

What blip are they talking about? This blip:

When the temperatures of the entire globe are averaged, you get the true picture of how temperatures are evolving. What you learn is that the global temperature has experienced the largest 10-month drop ever recorded by instruments and it is the same or even slightly lower than it was during the same point in the previous super El Niño of 1998:

The bottom line is that the instruments cannot distinguish the average temperature of 2016 from that of 1998:

Not to worry. [ur=https://realclimatescience.com/2017/01/roy-spencers-prediction/l]RSS temperatures are about to be "fixed," as well[/url].
RegGuheert
2011 Leaf SL Demo vehicle
2011 miles at purchase. 10K miles on Apr 14, 2013. 20K miles (55.7Ah) on Aug 7, 2014, 30K miles (52.0Ah) on Dec 30, 2015, 40K miles (49.8Ah) on Feb 8, 2017.
Enphase Inverter Measured MTBF: M190, M215, M250, S280

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:50 am

Ice doesn't care.

Not in the slightest.

Not about the blogs you read.

Not about your politics. Not about you. Not about anything... Gets above 0C, 32F it melts.

I visited Columbia Icefields in 1970 and in 2005. My dad had been there in 1952. Difference for me was disquieting. This picture doesn't give the scale. You really need to walk the trail that used to be covered by ice. Past all the markers giving the year that the ice tip was there.

It was a lot shorter walk in 1970.

Not just Columbia Icefields. Most of the glaciers all round the world are melting away. The few that are not melting are special cases of various sorts.

Ice doesn't care.

Larsen B had been there since the last interglacial, over 100,000 years ago. But ice doesn't care. It got too warm. It collapsed into the ocean and melted.

Ice doesn't care.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Not my area of expertise, but doesn't it seem likely that a "warming blip" in the 1940s would be due to WWII? And Wet is right about results: whatever errors have been made in recording climate temps over the last century, the ice is clearly melting now. Maybe Reg thinks that climate scientists have been stealing and hiding it.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

NeilBlanchard
Delivery Date: 14 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 306278

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:03 pm

The Arctic and Antarctic ice cap area is now about 2.4 Million square Kilometers SMALLER than the next lowest year.

https://ads.nipr.ac.jp/vishop/#/extent

GRA

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:28 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:Not my area of expertise, but doesn't it seem likely that a "warming blip" in the 1940s would be due to WWII? And Wet is right about results: whatever errors have been made in recording climate temps over the last century, the ice is clearly melting now. Maybe Reg thinks that climate scientists have been stealing and hiding it.

I'd think that if anything a cooling blip would have been more likely for WW2, what with all the extra aerosol particles from fires, but don't know if the amounts were significant enough to have the same effect as say Pinatubo or Krakatoa. I do remember that the winter of 1941-42 was the coldest of the 20th Century in Europe, but that happened well before the worst of the bombing raids, so is almost certainly unrelated. See http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10. ... -0477(1989)070%3C0271:TSWIET%3E2.0.CO%3B2

Meanwhile:
News Wrap: Global temperatures hit record high in 2016
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/news-wra ... high-2016/
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Return to “Politics & Other Controversial Topics”