grandizer52
Delivery Date: 27 Oct 2015
Leaf Number: 001089

Re: Gun discussion goes here

Fri May 13, 2016 5:13 pm

WetEV wrote:
grandizer52 wrote:Wow...thought this was the gun discussion thread...not the let me find opinion biased crap off the internet to make guns look like evil machines of death...cause oh yes...your leaf is a weapon...how many people die a day from someone behind the wheel...but I guess if your ill-educated and drinking the tainted kook-aid guns are bad...and we should be like the other gun free countries that have a nasty crime problem...or you can read the second amendment, get educated, and stop giving into the art of fear...

GOD BLESS AMERICA..LAND OF THE FREE...CAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Guns are machines of death. Or sometimes just long distance paper punches. Evil is (or is not) in the hands holding the gun.

Wanting a well regulated militia isn't denying the right to keep and bear arms.

my pellet gun causes death to a lot of paper, old junk...

klapauzius
Delivery Date: 25 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0197

Sat May 14, 2016 10:23 pm

Why the fixation on taking guns away from good and law abiding people who are only a danger to those who threaten them? You can outlaw guns so only criminals are the ones with guns. Look at those cities in the US and other countries that have outlawed guns and you see that the danger to the people has become greater. I challenge you to find just one example of a place that outlawed guns where there has been a positive result. Good luck with that because there are none.

Why the fixation on taking guns away from good and law abiding people who are only a danger to those who threaten them?

Good question, overall there are indeed other areas, where impact would be far greater.

I guess, the answer to "why guns?" is that they do not provide any real benefit, but have mostly negative impact.

So, overall, if people could overcome their irrational fears, it would cost little to nothing to get rid of guns, but would allow about 30,000 Americans to live every year.

To start with a recent example, Australia outlawed guns recently, and far less people got killed by guns as a result.

Of course, in most European countries with very strict gun laws, citizens are a lot safer from violent crimes than in the US.
Murder rates in most European countries, which have strict gun control, are far lower than in the US. Violent crimes are lower too.

In fact you can easily turn this around, and I would ask you to show me one single place that has become better due to easing access to guns?

You can outlaw guns so only criminals are the ones with guns.

The easier it is to legally acquire guns, the easier it is for criminals to get them.
By arming law abiding citizens, you inevitably arm criminals too.

Every criminal was a law abiding person once.

Look at those cities in the US

Have you ever wondered what good it would do for any single locality in the US to outlaw guns, when you can still buy them everywhere else and have unrestricted movement in and out of these places???

AndyH

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Liberal brothers and sisters - do we agree that facts are important? Do we think that root cause analysis is important? Do we hate the way the media spins citizens around? Good to hear.

You're welcome. Thanks President Obama.

I'm going back to the reloading bench now. Taking my son, the AR15 and the Glock to the range tomorrow.

Peace out.
"The stupid become extinct."-Bill Mollison

2015 smart Electric Drive "The Bumblebee"
OpenEVSE Plus DIY

AndyH

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:44 pm

WetEV wrote:Wanting a well regulated militia isn't denying the right to keep and bear arms.

We already have a well regulated militia, though it could be improved if we eliminated the NFA to restore the militia's state of regulation to the level it was when the nation started.

See, Wet - what you're still getting wrong is that "well regulated" does not mean "we're liberals and that means we need more laws from the Federal Government to make us feel safe". Well regulated as used when the Constitution was written meant PROPERLY FUNCTIONING - as in "all of the members of the militia know how to shoot, all of them have arms that can compete on a modern battlefield, and all members have sufficient amounts of ammunition to do the job required of them". That's what the 2A means when it talks of a well regulated militia.

The 2A isn't just about the militia though, and the militia isn't just about defending the country. The 2A is about personal protection, protection of one's home, their land, their village, their town, their county, and ultimately their country. It's the full range of the natural right to self defense.

This isn't debatable, it's not changeable - it's simple historical fact. It's also a civil right that "shall not be infringed."

If you want to use only 10 round magazine, you are free to do so. If you don't want to be around guns, you are free to do so. But you have no right to call for limiting my ability to exercise my civil rights any more than you have a right to limit this police officer's options.
https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/6199620-Why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/
Before the call that changed Sergeant Timothy Gramins’ life forever, he typically carried 47 rounds of handgun ammunition on his person while on duty.

Today, he carries 145, “every day, without fail.”

He detailed the gunfight that caused the difference in a gripping presentation at the annual conference of the Assn. of SWAT Personnel-Wisconsin.

Continuing to use 'well regulated' as a buzz phrase for 'more limitations' is akin to bringing cats and chickens to a dog fight. It's wrong, it's silly, and it will get one laughed out of the barn. Every single time.
"The stupid become extinct."-Bill Mollison

2015 smart Electric Drive "The Bumblebee"
OpenEVSE Plus DIY

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:54 pm

Yes, we all know what we know, and all truths are self-evident. That's what makes us such a great species!
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

grandizer52

Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:54 pm

I see this stalled, gun's are awesome beautiful, and everyone should try over a weekend

had to edit...cause someone pointed out I'm not as perfect as them
Last edited by grandizer52 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

downeykp
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 31 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1931

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:28 pm

grandizer52 wrote:I see this stalled, gun are awesome beautiful, and everyone should try over a weekend

Nice use of the English language.
2011 Black Leaf SL+QC Vin. 1931
Res. 6-14-10 Order 1-25-11
EVSE: Mod'd Ver. 2 Nissan L1
Delivered 5-31-11

67 Months 25600mi. 10 bars

39 Suniva panels 10.3kw with Enphase micro inverters my electricity cost $21.87 a month.

Jedlacks
Delivery Date: 29 May 2016
Leaf Number: 300863

Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:15 am

Being a conservative with a gun means demonizing all liberals by assuming that they all hate and don't have any guns. This way you all can "make America great again".

I am a "liberal", and I have been armed for much longer than most of you have had guns. Also, my "liberal" friends all have guns, and we lawfully exercise them at the range when we have the chance. We all have had licences to carry from the very beginning, but we know that as minorities, we live on the fringes of everybody else's democracy. Even though we are all law-abiding citizens in corporate America, if a cop came by he would have thought we were with black panthers, or black lives matters and confiscated what we had. Because of that we keep our mouths shut, and don't talk about it to anybody.

We all should be more concerned about the EPA and others in the new administration taxing us out of our EVs. That will happen long before guns are outlawed. Why? Because there is more money in oil than in arms: 40+ billion to 3.5 trillion...
2015 SV QC/LED; 12 Bar; 56.36 AHr; 90% SOH; 85.62% Hx
Juicebox 40A

grandizer52

Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:11 pm

downeykp wrote:
grandizer52 wrote:I see this stalled, gun are awesome beautiful, and everyone should try over a weekend

Nice use of the English language.

her thanks....nice use of hateraid

R1200RT
Delivery Date: 18 Feb 2017
Leaf Number: 406176

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi all,

I need suggestions on securely locking my gun in a 2013 Nissan Leaf. I am not allowed to bring the gun into work place. I looked under both the driver seat and passenger seats, but neither have adequate space or smooth enough floor to allow sliding a small gun safe in and out. Especially from the front with the manual seat slide lever going entirely across the front, therefore requiring I retrieve the gun safe from the rear only.

The glove box is not bad, but: 1. it is not locked, 2. its the most obvious place someone would search. The center console is way too small.

Thank you in advance.
2013 Leaf SL - purchased 3-28-2017.
Juice Box Pro 40

Return to “Politics & Other Controversial Topics”