2018 Order status updated

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just heard from my dealer in Peterborough, Ontario that they will be getting my grey SV in on Thursday! (Feb 22)
Should have it by the weekend!
I placed my order on October 4 FYI

I just got a glossy mailed flyer inviting me to go to my local Nissan dealer (who isn't Leaf certified) to finish ordering my reserved Leaf SV and reminding me that I'd be getting a "free gift" as well as $1000 off. Since it still works out to $3500 down and $356 a month, for a car with no Around View or even Bose stereo, I' m not impressed, and not planning on doing so. Let's see how how happy Nissan is with sales around Memorial Day.

2018 Nissan Leafs on site in Kingston Ontario - 1 blue, 3 grey and 4 white (no 2 tones). All except 1 still have the transit protection still on them. Looking forward to a call this week.

t0hyww6veei01.jpg

Dealership said one with my name on it will be coming in the next week or so... :)

Lease term didn't seem too bad,... I think I will be leasing to purchase in the end the buyout residual is ~$15k canadian dollars, or upgrade to something else with a 4wd electric model would be ideal... Who knows what cars 2021 will have out there...

I picked up my red Leaf SV from the Waterloo, ON dealer yesterday. They said one other person had picked one up that day. That's at least 3 orders fulfilled in Waterloo. They have one in the show room and one for test drives.

Haven't driven much yet, but I did get to try out the pro-pilot today for keeping in lanes. Worked well. Now to go back to reading the manuals.

What were the lease terms you got?

nerk said:
Dealership said one with my name on it will be coming in the next week or so... :)

Lease term didn't seem too bad,... I think I will be leasing to purchase in the end the buyout residual is ~$15k canadian dollars, or upgrade to something else with a 4wd electric model would be ideal... Who knows what cars 2021 will have out there...

The Deal

MSRP; $33,295.00 "Negotiated" price (no real negotiation since price was already settled on a few weeks ago on Facebook Messenger...) $31,989. Lease Cash $9275, Loyalty $1000.

Lease Terms

15,000 annual miles
Zero down payment
MF .00036 (.854% interest rate)
Rent Charge ($504.45)
35 payments; $382.94 or $13,402.90
Residual ; $9,655.55
TCO; $23,058.45
29.8 cents per mile

Feel like paying it off early? Save that rent charge

pay off balance by 03/15/2018

$22,573.59

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2018/02/as-we-all-know-my-preorder-was-for-sv.html

kennethbokor said:
Hi nerk, told you the Leaf would come in first before the e-golf! Share a pic once you get it! I ordered a Leaf too a week ago and my ETA is by end of May.

Ha, yes... Actually got the VIN number today for it,... Things are finally starting to come together,... It's been a long time running...

I have a 2 or 3 other people interested in my e-golf deposit, I just need to call the dealership and arrange that... It's too bad, the e-golf is a nice looking car as well and you get leatherette without having to buy the high end model, wish Nissan did that...

nerk said:
kennethbokor said:
Hi nerk, told you the Leaf would come in first before the e-golf! Share a pic once you get it! I ordered a Leaf too a week ago and my ETA is by end of May.

Ha, yes... Actually got the VIN number today for it,... Things are finally starting to come together,... It's been a long time running...

I have a 2 or 3 other people interested in my e-golf deposit, I just need to call the dealership and arrange that... It's too bad, the e-golf is a nice looking car as well and you get leatherette without having to buy the high end model, wish Nissan did that...

Good and congrats! Yes it is but I really wanted all the tech too. No regrets in ordering my 2018 Leaf SL with all the bells. My delivery eta is end of May for now. Hope I get a VIN within the next month or so too.

nerk said:

I don't see what model you are getting. If you get an SV and still want leather, let me know. It might prod me to order an SL to get the Around View, and we can then swap seats. What part of Canada are you in?

LeftieBiker said:
I don't see what model you are getting. If you get an SV and still want leather, let me know. It might prod me to order an SL to get the Around View, and we can then swap seats. What part of Canada are you in?

Yeah I got the SV, the thing that turned me off the SL model was the stupid amplifier position... I needed that trunk floor to be bare in order to fit my 4x10" bass amp cabinet...

Anyhow, I'd most likely take your offer if I wasn't leasing... that kind of limits the amount of mods I'm able to do... Hit me up in 3 years if I end up buying it out at the end of the lease :)

My dealer doesn't even want to give me an estimate on when I will get my Leaf. I put a pre-order in early January of this year. Either demand is sky-high on this car, or they have production issues.

Nationally demand is still outstripping production. Nissan is still filling the pipeline to fill dealer lots. I don't think there re any production ramp issues, it just turns out that it is a very well received car, and interest is very high.

Of course the downside of this popularity is that discounts are very limited.

OrientExpress said:
Nationally demand is still outstripping production. Nissan is still filling the pipeline to fill dealer lots. I don't think there re any production ramp issues, it just turns out that it is a very well received car, and interest is very high.

Of course the downside of this popularity is that discounts are very limited.

As best I can tell, going by car color/configuration, our local Leaf certified dealers have delivered two pre-orders, and each has one Leaf SL sitting in stock, not moving. One dealer tried very hard to sell me theirs, and failed. I don't think it would be hard for them and Nissan to get more cars in stock, so I'm assuming that demand is in fact very low here.

OrientExpress said:
The demand is in the S, but supply will bulk up soon, the NE is a big focus this year.

By Memorial Day weekend? If I knew there would be a lot of cars in stock then, I'd try less hard to order one this month.

Speaking of which, you might be able to answer this: I have a "reservation" for a loaded red SV. Can I use that reservation, but "upgrade" to a loaded red SL? When I made it there was no indication that Around View would be limited to the SL.

ColdCanuk said:
My dealer doesn't even want to give me an estimate on when I will get my Leaf. I put a pre-order in early January of this year. Either demand is sky-high on this car, or they have production issues.

I placed my order in later February and was told end of May timing for delivery. May slip into June, which is fine for me. I'm dealing with Alta Nissan in Woodbridge, one of the top Leaf dealers in the country.

Back