2018 LEAF; Day Two!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOlyWA

Well, you already knew this was coming. A few surprises popped up while circling the block last night! :)

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2018/02/2018-leaf-day-two-settings.html

Since you guys were dreading the arrival of "2018 LEAF; Day 3"

I have decided to change it up a bit to "2018 LEAF; Week One"

Lots of new info

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2018/02/2018-leaf-week-one-ups-and-yes-downs.html

:lol:

Thanks, Dave! Very nice report. I'm enjoying driving a 2018 LEAF vicariously through your reports.

So let me see if I got this right: You purchased a brand new car one day and the next day you take it out on a 175+-mile excursion in snow and ice? In a state which eschews salt and instead sprays alcohol on their roads? And it was 21 degrees? Is that it? :lol:

And after all that, you get home fine and someone hits you later in the week in a parking lot? Crazy! I have to say that I cannot tell what part of the car is in that photograph. Is the driver's side rear bumper as seen from above?

BTW, what's your opinion of E-Pedal? ;)

RegGuheert said:
Thanks, Dave! Very nice report. I'm enjoying driving a 2018 LEAF vicariously through your reports.

So let me see if I got this right: You purchased a brand new car one day and the next day you take it out on a 175+-mile excursion in snow and ice? In a state which eschews salt and instead sprays alcohol on their roads? And it was 21 degrees? Is that it? :lol:

And after all that, you get home fine and someone hits you later in the week in a parking lot? Crazy! I have to say that I cannot tell what part of the car is in that photograph. Is the driver's side rear bumper as seen from above?

BTW, what's your opinion of E-Pedal? ;)

The damage was on the left rear bumper so probably someone backing out and cut it too close... :(

As far as excursion. My Corolla would have been one of the scariest drives EVER. Its way too light, manual tranny. It would have been a disaster on ice!

and in case you couldn't tell, I would definitely give E Pedal a passing mark ;)

I am loving the blog. And as now a owner on day 2. I love the vehicle...but I find that it's kind of an oddity in the fact that it does nothing great...but everything really good. I was a little freaked out to purchase one but the 0% interest from Nissan drew me in and I pulled the trigger. Needless to say, I'll be following the blog for more tips and tricks and to see if the luster of the shine wears off.

Br4hm4 said:
I am loving the blog. And as now a owner on day 2. I love the vehicle...but I find that it's kind of an oddity in the fact that it does nothing great...but everything really good. I was a little freaked out to purchase one but the 0% interest from Nissan drew me in and I pulled the trigger. Needless to say, I'll be following the blog for more tips and tricks and to see if the luster of the shine wears off.

Thanks! I did another another entry for week one impressions. I will add another likely a one month entry. Still working on determining battery parameters and fast charge profiles.

Our Day two, Wife went out in the garage, unplugged the car. Starting it showed 170 mile range. Did her shopping arrived home with 90% of capacity and 150 of mile of range left. She didn't bother to plug it in. She is amazed.

Back