Yikes, degradation is looking bad (2018 Leaf)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
But as mentioned before, the 2018 stats act COMPLETELY different in that they do not wander up and down. They either stay the same or drop. Never goes up, not even .01%.

This is all a bit fishy to me as battery measuring devices are simply...well not that good.

Exactly. Battery measurement isn't a well defined and answered problem. More like some general understanding mixed with a little PFM. It doesn't sound like a the 2018 SOH is live estimate, but rather a filtered value. I don't know, of course. Having reported capacity being "adjustable" by how you drive and charge isn't a good feature. Perhaps this was a design change to filter the "noisy" old estimate, and put the filtered result in the place of the old unfiltered value was... So LeafSpy would read it and report it.

The test of time will be finding how reliable this value is when buying a used LEAF as to actual battery capacity.

SageBrush said:
spicythots said:
Lol, calm down guy-who-still-uses-blogspot.
Your example of civil discussion ?

Tu quoque much? You misinterpreted my gratitude for kosjet's civility; I wasn't asking that everyone hold themselves to my expectations.

Why are you and Dave so sensitive? This is a message board... let's just chop it up about our love for EVs, mkay?

spicythots said:
SageBrush said:
spicythots said:
Lol, calm down guy-who-still-uses-blogspot.
Your example of civil discussion ?

Tu quoque much? You misinterpreted my gratitude for kosjet's civility; I wasn't asking that everyone hold themselves to my expectations.

Why are you and Dave so sensitive? This is a message board... let's just chop it up about our love for EVs, mkay?

Lets look in the mirror;

You come in here admitting you know little and want to learn

then jump up and say "you guys got it all wrong!!"

due to something the dealer told you that you decided to believe over a half dozen mentions to the contrary by long time LEAFers here

and you expect us to what?? Give you a pass? Like you gave us a pass?

That you interpreted my (admittedly wrong) dissent as me fiercely saying "you guys got it all wrong!!" I think indicates that you take the internetz way too seriously Dave.

I've already explained my lack of experience on this forum and reasoning for originally believing my local dealership.

spicythots said:
Why are you and Dave so sensitive?
Nothing to do with sensitivity. I am pointing out that you hold yourself to a much lower standard than you expect from others.

SageBrush said:
Nothing to do with sensitivity. I am pointing out that you hold yourself to a much lower standard than you expect from others.

Lol except that a use of logical fallacies- your tu quoque for example- is generally associated with emotive debating.

Again, I haven't communicated my expectations or standards for anyone on this thread; I merely thanked kosjet. Your emotions are getting in the way of your ability to think, Dave #2.

This should not be difficult to understand: your request to be treated civilly will be better received if you stop name calling and assorted personal insult devices. Note that they were not directed at me but I already find you tiresome.

Back