2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
I got a free GoPro camera just for saying I MIGHT buy or lease a 2018 Leaf!
I remember that promo. I thought one had to buy or lease in the end to qualify, so I passed. I wouldn't have minded one of those free promo gifts they were offering.

cwerdna said:
LeftieBiker said:
I got a free GoPro camera just for saying I MIGHT buy or lease a 2018 Leaf!
I remember that promo. I thought one had to buy or lease in the end to qualify, so I passed. I wouldn't have minded one of those free promo gifts they were offering.

I put that badly. There was no obligation, but IF you bought or leased a 2018 Leaf in a certain timeframe, you got the camera, Apple Watch, or some smart home device or other - your choice. No gift if you didn't acquire a Leaf.

cwerdna said:
webeleafowners said:
the first three were presold. Which is kind of a surprise as he don’t know what the list price was going to be.
Tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of folks lined up (and/or did it online?) to place their $1K "reservation" fee/deposit or whatever on a Model 3 before knowing the price ($35K, still doesn't exist :lol: ) nor even knowing anything about the car (e.g. range, what it'd look like, etc.). This is all before Elon's presentation even started.

One can infer roughly the price based upon the price difference in Europe and Japan of the 40 kWh cars there vs. e+.

Good point. Think we’ll wait to drive it.

GetOffYourGas said:
LeftieBiker said:
You're absolutely sure you want to go with "sidewalk"...? Ok!
I prefer it when people keep their tired OFF the sidewalk. But maybe that’s just me.
But the poor and the huddled masses are okay? And you a New Yorker ;).

I think we've had enough typo slams for today, whether due to auto-correct or finger-problems. :D

I heard a radio ad today for Stevens Creek Nissan (in Santa Clara, CA). It referenced up to 226 mile range for the Nissan Leaf Plus but then they talked about an S trim lease "deal". Seemed to a bit odd for a dealer to advertise the Plus when they don't have one yet.

cwerdna said:
I heard a radio ad today for Stevens Creek Nissan (in Santa Clara, CA). It referenced up to 226 mile range for the Nissan Leaf Plus but then they talked about an S trim lease "deal". Seemed to a bit odd for a dealer to advertise the Plus when they don't have one yet.

I wonder when they’ll start showing up in America. They’re for sale here in Japan and the dealership near me has one out front. I want to schedule a test drive. I’m happy with my 40, so I won’t do anything, but I’d like to see how peppy it is.

jonathanfields4ever said:
cwerdna said:

I wonder when they’ll start showing up in America. They’re for sale here in Japan and the dealership near me has one out front. I want to schedule a test drive. I’m happy with my 40, so I won’t do anything, but I’d like to see how peppy it is.
From some recent posts on https://www.facebook.com/NissanElectric/, it looks like a media drive event was in the past day or two. Whoever was invited has probably already written or is in the process of writing their stories. I'd guess a media embargo will be lifted at some point in the future so that suddenly, approximately all at once, tons of media outlets will have some story about the car.

Is pretty typical in the industry, both auto and tech.

Nissan's official said Spring 2019. I'd guess it will go on sale no earlier than April 1, 2019, the day that tax credit on GM EVs and PHEVs goes to $3750 from $7500.

In my fantasy (kinda like fantasy football), on Saturday 25th, the Koreans announce an agreement with LG for a large number of liquid cooled batteries and imminent nation-wide availability of Niro/Kona.

Here is a preview of some of the nits and nats of the 62kWh LEAF battery:

leafbatteryevolution.png

OrientExpress said:
Here is a preview of some of the nits and nats of the 62kWh LEAF battery:
Thanks for that image, OrientExpress!

IIRC, the Volt also had three cells in parallel in their battery. One benefit of that approach is that degradation of a single cell has less effect on the overall range. For instance, if one of the cells becomes an open circuit, with the current design you lose half of your total capacity. In this design, you lose one-third of your total capacity.

Back