Autoevolution renders Leaf 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/next-gen-nissan-leaf-rendered-with-murano-and-pulsar-elements-97844.html

Today, we're going to look at a rendering made by Theophilus Chin to depict the next Nissan Leaf. He used design quest from the new Murano SUV, such as the boomerang headlights. The overall body style is a conservative hatchback, with certain panels borrowed from the Pulsar model. The idea is not to make the car look boring, just better proportioned.

next-gen-nissan-leaf-rendered-with-murano-and-pulsar-elements_2.jpg

This is curious blend of current Leaf and newer Murano etc. This is a possible, if not very attractive, design as it carries forward some elements of current Leaf.

Like the Beetle, I think current Leaf will go down in history as an iconic car - even though a lot of people don't like the Leaf now - and won't be surprised if it gets resurrected by Nissan in a couple of decades.

I am glad they reworked / disguised the ridges that quiet the air flow around the mirrors. But I would really have liked to see significant aerodynamic improvements, to lower drag and thereby improve range "for free".

Here's the rendering of the back:

next-gen-nissan-leaf-rendered-with-murano-and-pulsar-elements_1.jpg

Maybe they have improved drag, somewhat?

LeafMuranoDriver said:
I think it has more attitude and styling than the current Leaf.
Not more - different. Current Leaf to me looks like a stylized cartoon/Anime car.

Americans tend to like "mean & aggressive" looking cars.

Based on what I see of the airflow lines, it appears more like they simply stopped worrying about it... I'd love to see wind-tunnel smoke flows...

NeilBlanchard said:
I am glad they reworked / disguised the ridges that quiet the air flow around the mirrors.

NeilBlanchard said:
I am glad they reworked / disguised .....

If by "they" you mean some random enthusiast (http://www.theophiluschin.com/?page_id=2) and not Nissan, then yes, he did..
But I have yet to see a design from Nissan on this..
Personally, I expect it to happen, but I'm not really looking forward to it.. I like the current distinctive looks...

Then again, I liked the rear wheel covers on the original Honda Insight.. ;-)

desiv

Back