Rumor: Next-Generation Nissan LEAF to Use Carbon-Fiber Construction, 300+ Mile Battery, Inductive Charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inphoenix

As the first word in the titles suggest. It's a rumor :)

Rumor: Next-Generation Nissan LEAF to Use Carbon-Fiber Construction, 300+ Mile Battery, Inductive Charging

more at ......
https://transportevolved.com/2015/11/16/rumor-next-generation-nissan-leaf-to-use-carbon-fiber-construction-300-mile-battery-inductive-charging/

That is a really sweet looking car! The more I look at it, the more I definitely want one in my garage. It reminds me of vehicles we used to see 20 years ago in Sci-Fi movies, except those cars hovered. ;)

That's a great looking car! My question is how much does the carbon fiber and larger battery add? The I3 is built with carbon fiber and has an EPA range of 81 miles and has a base price of 42 grand.

I think the car is ugly. It reminds me of "future cars" from the Sixties, with function (in this case interior room and outward visibility) being sacrificed to form.

Aerodynamics can make a car go 2 -3 times further when coupled with lightweight components.

Most modern cars can meet crash tests and weigh in under 2000lbs, just the motivation isn't there.

Back