Nissan to release 4 BEVs, Inifinity 2 in next 5 years

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegGuheert

A Nissan powertrain executive has stated that Nissan would launch 4 new BEVs in the next 5 years while Inifinity would launch 2:
InsideEVs said:
We now learn, via Toshihiro Hirai, Nissan’s corporate vice president for powertrain and EV engineering, that Nissan-Infiniti will get 6 of those BEVs, in 5 years or less. A further breakdown says that Nissan will have 4 BEVs, while Infiniti gets 2.

As it stands right now, Nissan has two BEVs on the market, the 2018 Nissan LEAF and the Nissan e-NV200. Infiniti has zero, but the luxury automaker did announce one is in the works and that it’ll arrive by 2021.
Simply put, BEVs are becoming a larger-and-larger part of major automakers' portfolios.

The Genie is now fully out of the bottle.

I'll believe it when I see it. Where is the 2018 Leaf? Once Nissan gets that out to the market, they may have a leg to stand on regarding future EVs.

I hate to be jaded, but it's the product of a decade of broken/postponed promises.

Back