February 2018 EV sales

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clutch303 said:
Do these LEAF sales numbers seem lackluster to anyone else?

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

The new Leaf is still under tight availability.
As the rollout continues, those numbers should go up quickly.

Clutch303 said:
Do these LEAF sales numbers seem lackluster to anyone else?

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

I am actually surprised it was this high. I think it's a good sign.

I also think it's a good start. I won't be surprised if we see worldwide 2018 LEAF sales numbers top 5000 in February.

So far, we have a report of 895 sold in the US and 781 sold in Norway, bringing us to 1676 for just those two countries.

That's following worldwide LEAF sales of 4447 in January, which made it the second-highest selling PEV in the world behind the Chinese BAIC EC-Series sedan. That number included 3768 LEAFs sold in Japan in January. If Japan sold anywhere near that number in February, then LEAF sales have topped 6000 worldwide.

This is a very healthy number for a car that’s only effectively been on sale for a few weeks with no advertising support. Very few are in inventory.

As inventory builds I expect the ‘18 Leaf to be quite a popular car, perhaps even outselling the Bolt. It’s a good value and it’s comfortable.

RegGuheert said:
I also think it's a good start. I won't be surprised if we see worldwide 2018 LEAF sales numbers top 5000 in February.

So far, we have a report of 895 sold in the US and 781 sold in Norway, bringing us to 1676 for just those two countries.

That's following worldwide LEAF sales of 4447 in January, which made it the second-highest selling PEV in the world behind the Chinese BAIC EC-Series sedan. That number included 3768 LEAFs sold in Japan in January. If Japan sold anywhere near that number in February, then LEAF sales have topped 6000 worldwide.
According to InsideEVs, Nissan sold nearly 8400 LEAFs in Februrary:
InsideEVs said:
Nissan’s electric flagship noted over 3,700 sales in Japan and it turns out that even more were sold in Europe (3,766) in February.

The LEAF is now one of the top five best selling Nissans in Europe, with brand share of 6.5% in February.

Together with nearly 900 sold in the U.S., Nissan delivered nearly 8,400 LEAFs in its three biggest markets.

RegGuheert said:
InsideEVs said:
Nissan’s electric flagship noted over 3,700 sales in Japan and it turns out that even more were sold in Europe (3,766) in February.

The LEAF is now one of the top five best selling Nissans in Europe, with brand share of 6.5% in February.

Together with nearly 900 sold in the U.S., Nissan delivered nearly 8,400 LEAFs in its three biggest markets.
There is a HUGE discrepancy between the InsideEVs article above and this EV Sales article, which says only 1540 Nissan LEAFs were sold in Europe in February: a difference of 2226 Nissan LEAFs. That's a LOT!!

I doubt that numbers will be as great as the past model. More competition and they unmotivated to inflate the numbers with ridiculous deals, perhaps they can't since they held MSRP but they have a much more expensive battery now.

It's a great car and they are hoping to move it based off of features and value, not a low ball price. It's a better way to run a business anyhow.

Nissan basically could not make enough of it to meet demand. I reserved mine in mid September and only got it late March. Production for North America apparently did not ramp up till March. Dealership in Canada say people ordering now won't get it till July/August.

RegGuheert said:
RegGuheert said:
InsideEVs said:

There is a HUGE discrepancy between the InsideEVs article above and this EV Sales article, which says only 1540 Nissan LEAFs were sold in Europe in February: a difference of 2226 Nissan LEAFs. That's a LOT!!
This new article in InsideEVs explains that the discrepancy is between sales and registrations:
InsideEVs said:
Sales announced by Nissan precede registration numbers, so we will not necessarily see 6,500 registrations in March. Case in point, in February there was not 3,766 registrations (EV Sales Blog reported 1,540).

Back