Contest: Guess March 2018 LEAF sales

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I didn't want an early production Leaf. I am genuinely surprised, though, that the Japanese are letting lemons through their production line, with all the hype over the car's release. It bodes ill for the American-built cars.

I still haven’t seen an ‘18 Leaf on the roads of LA that didn’t have Tennessee MFR plates (saw two, one of which I was driving). I live in a very EV dense part of LA and see dozens of all makes of EVs every day on my commute. I saw five Model 3s on my commute yesterday.

At this point in Nissan’s ramp I thought they’d be all over the place by now. Is SoCal inventory not a thing yet?

mtndrew1 said:
I still haven’t seen an ‘18 Leaf on the roads of LA that didn’t have Tennessee MFR plates (saw two, one of which I was driving). I live in a very EV dense part of LA and see dozens of all makes of EVs every day on my commute. I saw five Model 3s on my commute yesterday.

At this point in Nissan’s ramp I thought they’d be all over the place by now. Is SoCal inventory not a thing yet?

Well as several have mentioned on Social media, you might have past one and simply not recognized it. The new design is pretty vanilla...

DaveinOlyWA said:
mtndrew1 said:

Well as several have mentioned on Social media, you might have past one and simply not recognized it. The new design is pretty vanilla...

I doubt that; I can pick up pre and post-‘13 Leafs very easily. I’m a car person. I would definitely notice an ‘18 Leaf anywhere near me.

RegGuheert said:
Let's try to guess US and worldwide LEAF sales numbers for March 2018. I'll go first:

US: 2500
WW: 8500
Can I change my guess? Since I posted that number I learned that my WW guess was basically equal to the sales Nissan achieved for February.

My new guess:
US: 2800
WW: 11,000

(I have to admit, it looks a little unbalanced, but I don't see the U.S. getting to even 3,000 this month. We'll have to see how things turn out.)

Back