LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: 2018 Nissan Leaf (US edition) - Location of OBD2 port

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:34 pm

jgassor wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:What is the build date of your car? It's on a sticker on the driver's door sill.

First time I looked at that particular sticker. It shows 02/18. I thought it may also show which plant it was built at but doesnt seem to, unless its in a coded format?

James
2018 Blue Nissan Leaf SL

Thanks. North American leafs are built in Smyrna TN. You might want to record this in the defects topic.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

NavyCuda
Delivery Date: 24 Jun 2015
Leaf Number: 329051

Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:54 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
jgassor wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:What is the build date of your car? It's on a sticker on the driver's door sill.

First time I looked at that particular sticker. It shows 02/18. I thought it may also show which plant it was built at but doesnt seem to, unless its in a coded format?

James
2018 Blue Nissan Leaf SL

Thanks. North American leafs are built in Smyrna TN. You might want to record this in the defects topic.

Sounds more like a mildly abused demo car, maybe not a factory defect. Some people like to smash buttons afterall...

jgassor
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 304841

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:30 am

NavyCuda wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:
jgassor wrote:First time I looked at that particular sticker. It shows 02/18. I thought it may also show which plant it was built at but doesnt seem to, unless its in a coded format?

James
2018 Blue Nissan Leaf SL

Sounds more like a mildly abused demo car, maybe not a factory defect. Some people like to smash buttons afterall...

I would agree with you NavyCuda. Pretty amazing with only 31 miles on the clock when I bought this at the end of March and the car was only built in February 2018. I took the car in to fix the minor stuff (OBD2 port now back installed where it belongs) like the OBD2 port, passenger side weather stripping in the roof rack area, air bubble in the plastic protective door strips etc. All that got fixed but they didnt have the steering assist button in stock to replace it and they didnt want to try and fiddle with it, so they ordered that as a new part. That may take a couple of weeks to come into stock. Been weeks waiting for a new black shifter fascia that was all scratched up and I told them to replace it.

Other than the steering assist button being broken, the rest was just cosmetics, but were easy to spot and correct before selling to a customer. Either bad quality control at the assembly plant or bad handling at the dealership. I wont drop it till they get it all fixed on principle more than anything. The steering assist works just fine with ProPilot enabled, you just cant toggle it off and on via that switch. I could disable steering assist in the settings but I want it on most of the time!

Thanks!
James
2018 Blue Nissan Leaf SL

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:51 am

I was wondering how demo abuse would explain the broken off ODBII port, but then I thought of LeafSpy. We may want to be extra careful when plugging our readers into a 2018, as I'll be doing later today.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

jgassor
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 304841

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:27 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:I was wondering how demo abuse would explain the broken off ODBII port, but then I thought of LeafSpy. We may want to be extra careful when plugging our readers into a 2018, as I'll be doing later today.

I would be very surprised if anyone had plugged in to run something like LeafSpy (except for me, which is what I wanted to do with it and now its working just fine). Just feels like it was sloppy work with whoever fitted that particular panel at the assembly plant. Cant think of any reason anyone at the dealership would have had to remove that panel on a brand new car with 31 miles on the clock (likely from moving it on and off the trailer or giving demo rides)

I think it will just remain a mystery, which as of now is resolved at least (until they get my replacement steering assist switch!

Cheers
James
2018 Blue Nissan Leaf SL

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”