hyperionmark
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2017

ECO on Gen 2

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Do we know yet if ECO changes accelerator mapping only (on the Gen 2)? Or does it affect the climate control as well like in the Prius?

GRA

Re: ECO on Gen 2

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:08 pm

hyperionmark wrote:Do we know yet if ECO changes accelerator mapping only (on the Gen 2)? Or does it affect the climate control as well like in the Prius?

The owner's manual is silent on ECO's affects on the HVAC system, so no help there. In fact, as far as I can find it's pretty uninformative on ECO's affects on driving, saying only
In comparison to the D (Drive) position, the
ECO mode consumes less power for the
traction motor and enables the range of
the vehicle to be extended.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:35 pm

It changes the pedal mapping, although the change isn't as obvious because of the extra power the 2018 delivers. Normal mode can still be a little too 'brutish' for city driving.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

hyperionmark
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2017

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:23 am

I suppose the main reason I'm asking is because I find the mapping and "touch" much more intuitive with ECO off and the e-Pedal on. The mapping seems to be very irregular with ECO on. For instance, with ECO on it likes to regen much much more than I'd like it to sometimes (meaning once it goes into regen mode, it goes a lot, not just a tiny bit of regen, which would be better for hypermiling) and much harder to "glide." What are you all experiencing?

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:38 am

hyperionmark wrote:I suppose the main reason I'm asking is because I find the mapping and "touch" much more intuitive with ECO off and the e-Pedal on. The mapping seems to be very irregular with ECO on. For instance, with ECO on it likes to regen much much more than I'd like it to sometimes (meaning once it goes into regen mode, it goes a lot, not just a tiny bit of regen, which would be better for hypermiling) and much harder to "glide." What are you all experiencing?

Pretty much the same thing, but I don't much like e-Pedal except in specific instances. I like the more aggressive regen in Eco, so I'm usually in that or D mode, sometimes with B mode added.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”