ECO on Gen 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyperionmark

Do we know yet if ECO changes accelerator mapping only (on the Gen 2)? Or does it affect the climate control as well like in the Prius?

hyperionmark said:
Do we know yet if ECO changes accelerator mapping only (on the Gen 2)? Or does it affect the climate control as well like in the Prius?
The owner's manual is silent on ECO's affects on the HVAC system, so no help there. In fact, as far as I can find it's pretty uninformative on ECO's affects on driving, saying only
In comparison to the D (Drive) position, the
ECO mode consumes less power for the
traction motor and enables the range of
the vehicle to be extended.

It changes the pedal mapping, although the change isn't as obvious because of the extra power the 2018 delivers. Normal mode can still be a little too 'brutish' for city driving.

I suppose the main reason I'm asking is because I find the mapping and "touch" much more intuitive with ECO off and the e-Pedal on. The mapping seems to be very irregular with ECO on. For instance, with ECO on it likes to regen much much more than I'd like it to sometimes (meaning once it goes into regen mode, it goes a lot, not just a tiny bit of regen, which would be better for hypermiling) and much harder to "glide." What are you all experiencing?

hyperionmark said:
I suppose the main reason I'm asking is because I find the mapping and "touch" much more intuitive with ECO off and the e-Pedal on. The mapping seems to be very irregular with ECO on. For instance, with ECO on it likes to regen much much more than I'd like it to sometimes (meaning once it goes into regen mode, it goes a lot, not just a tiny bit of regen, which would be better for hypermiling) and much harder to "glide." What are you all experiencing?

Pretty much the same thing, but I don't much like e-Pedal except in specific instances. I like the more aggressive regen in Eco, so I'm usually in that or D mode, sometimes with B mode added.

Back