leafydeafy
Delivery Date: 22 Jul 2018

Re: IEVS: Consumer Reports Not Impressed By 2018 Nissan LEAF

Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:52 pm

dtam83 wrote:don't know about the "lack of oomph at highways speeds". I pass people pretty easily, 60 to 80 fairly quickly. definitely better than my old rogue and a corolla I rented a few weeks ago

Same here. I usually don’t need to do it, but the other day needed to pass a car with a little authority and was shocked at how quick I went from 60 to 80. And 80 didn’t feel like 80. It was really smooth at that speed.

If anything, the 2018 Leaf reminds me of the acceleration I got with my former Honda Accord V6 (a small 2-door coupe that seemed like a good choice before having a kid). I’d say the Leaf is even more impressive accelerating than the V6.

I’ve found the handling to be above average for city/highway driving.

For me the two things that have made the Leaf an excellent choice (beyond the obvious EV reasons): Pro Pilot for that every so often I’m driving any distance on the highway (such a huge improvement over normal cruise control); and the e-Pedal. It’s such a better driving experience, especially in urban traffic.

I would have happily paid the $30k+ for the Leaf without these features. With them included make the Leaf an absolute no-brainer at this price point.

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Re: IEVS: Consumer Reports Not Impressed By 2018 Nissan LEAF

Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:33 am

Yeah, I am sick of hearing so many complaints about the Leaf for BS reasons.... All Leafs are good.... That is why we own them. And if you don't own one, then shut up and go play at the Tesla site...

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”