lashlee
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:55 pm
Delivery Date: 02 Jul 2018
Leaf Number: 306063

Re: 2018 Leaf - preferred trim and options

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:53 am

Not to get into the debate of depreciation or long term battery health or lease vs buy, I chose the SL. Unlike others I work a 12 hour rotating shift schedule (sometimes on days, sometimes on nights) and the peace of mind of the pro pilot is what made my mind up. It works surprisingly well (it does have it's faults) but seems to be a good middle ground between a normal version of CC versus full autonomous driving.

LeftieBiker
Posts: 9622
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: 2018 Leaf - preferred trim and options

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:30 pm

lashlee wrote:Not to get into the debate of depreciation or long term battery health or lease vs buy, I chose the SL. Unlike others I work a 12 hour rotating shift schedule (sometimes on days, sometimes on nights) and the peace of mind of the pro pilot is what made my mind up. It works surprisingly well (it does have it's faults) but seems to be a good middle ground between a normal version of CC versus full autonomous driving.


I also chose Pro Pilot because of driving fatigue, although mine is due to health issues and medications. I'm not 100% sure that the car won't instead steer me off the road at an off-ramp or intersection, so I try to be extra alert whenever the road contains "complexities."
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 13281
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: 2018 Leaf - preferred trim and options

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:37 am

LeftieBiker wrote:
lashlee wrote:Not to get into the debate of depreciation or long term battery health or lease vs buy, I chose the SL. Unlike others I work a 12 hour rotating shift schedule (sometimes on days, sometimes on nights) and the peace of mind of the pro pilot is what made my mind up. It works surprisingly well (it does have it's faults) but seems to be a good middle ground between a normal version of CC versus full autonomous driving.


I also chose Pro Pilot because of driving fatigue, although mine is due to health issues and medications. I'm not 100% sure that the car won't instead steer me off the road at an off-ramp or intersection, so I try to be extra alert whenever the road contains "complexities."


It will not. In the case of extended "no hands" it will turn on emergency flashers and slow down to a stop in the middle of the lane you are traveling.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 11,987 miles, 485 GIDs, 37.6 kwh 110.89 Ahr , SOH 96.00, Hx 115.22
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeftieBiker
Posts: 9622
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: 2018 Leaf - preferred trim and options

Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:15 pm

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about me letting go of the wheel, I'm talking about Pro Pilot getting 'confused' and steering me off the road while I'm a little groggy. It regularly tries to do this under several circumstances, like when an off-ramp diverges from the highway, or when you approach an intersection with multiple turning lanes marked with white lines.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 13281
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: 2018 Leaf - preferred trim and options

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:07 am

LeftieBiker wrote:You misunderstand. I'm not talking about me letting go of the wheel, I'm talking about Pro Pilot getting 'confused' and steering me off the road while I'm a little groggy. It regularly tries to do this under several circumstances, like when an off-ramp diverges from the highway, or when you approach an intersection with multiple turning lanes marked with white lines.


Yeah, that is an interesting scenario when you have lanes with options to go straight or turn. When testing PPA in Washington, PPA successfully negotiated a 3 lane left turn from the middle lane from SB I-5 to highway 512 in Lakewood, WA. I was quite surprised and yes the dashed lines are/were there (They fade a lot but this intersection due to its complexity is restriped quite regularly.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 11,987 miles, 485 GIDs, 37.6 kwh 110.89 Ahr , SOH 96.00, Hx 115.22
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”