macgeng
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:05 am
Delivery Date: 21 Oct 2018

Re: The Cold Weather is Here

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:30 am

Yes, and the heater is not hot or strong enough for 35f or colder. What a shame.

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 4974
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: The Cold Weather is Here

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:27 am

macgeng wrote:Yes, and the heater is not hot or strong enough for 35f or colder. What a shame.


Is this an issue for 2018? Because it's certainly not the case for earlier model years.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Reagle
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:05 pm
Delivery Date: 25 Jun 2018
Location: Upstate New York

Re: The Cold Weather is Here

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:34 pm

Don't see any issues with my 2018 and so far it's been down to 20F here. Granted I barely run the heat- it's usually set to 60F . I mostly rely on heated seats and steering wheel on top of that
2018 Jade Frost SV with tech and weather packages
Delivery: 06/2018
Build date: 03/2018

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 10251
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: The Cold Weather is Here

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:58 pm

My heating system works fine. We've had temps in the teens, with no issues.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

JonathanT
Gold Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 2:54 pm
Delivery Date: 24 Oct 2018
Location: Central NJ

Re: The Cold Weather is Here

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:42 pm

My 2019 Leaf is toasty.
2013 SV, then 2019 SL powered by 9.9 kW solar PV array in NJ

macgeng
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:05 am
Delivery Date: 21 Oct 2018

Re: The Cold Weather is Here

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Maybe mine has issues. No longer my problem though. Just traded it in after 1200 miles.

nrvous
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:12 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2018

Re: The Cold Weather is Here

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:31 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:You definitely don't want the battery to freeze but there should be plenty of warning that the battery warmer is draining the pack. The warmer generally runs when the pack temp (not the ambient temp) gets down to high single digits Fahrenheit.


Thanks. Does this mean the battery warmer could theoretically run the pack down to 0% charge assuming it's cold enough and the car is left unplugged long enough?

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 10251
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: The Cold Weather is Here

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:52 pm

nrvous wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:You definitely don't want the battery to freeze but there should be plenty of warning that the battery warmer is draining the pack. The warmer generally runs when the pack temp (not the ambient temp) gets down to high single digits Fahrenheit.


Thanks. Does this mean the battery warmer could theoretically run the pack down to 0% charge assuming it's cold enough and the car is left unplugged long enough?


No. The warmer shuts off at something like...15%...? Then if the pack gets too cold to operate it "hibernates" - shuts down until revived in warmer temps.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

nrvous
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:12 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2018

Re: The Cold Weather is Here

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:03 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
nrvous wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:You definitely don't want the battery to freeze but there should be plenty of warning that the battery warmer is draining the pack. The warmer generally runs when the pack temp (not the ambient temp) gets down to high single digits Fahrenheit.


Thanks. Does this mean the battery warmer could theoretically run the pack down to 0% charge assuming it's cold enough and the car is left unplugged long enough?


No. The warmer shuts off at something like...15%...? Then if the pack gets too cold to operate it "hibernates" - shuts down until revived in warmer temps.


Got it and very interesting. Thanks!

eplus
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:41 am
Delivery Date: 12 Dec 2018

Re: The Cold Weather is Here

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:49 am

macgeng wrote:Maybe mine has issues. No longer my problem though. Just traded it in after 1200 miles.

What led you to trading it in for something else? Did you get a good trade value? Will you still be able to claim the federal tax credit since it can only go to the original owner?

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”