EatsShootsandLeafs
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 am
Delivery Date: 24 Aug 2012

Re: 60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:43 am

webeleafowners wrote:Well, there are a couple of advantages, one being that there is virtually no vampire drain. Leave your Tesla at an airport for 6 weeks and it’s pretty much a brick. A Leaf might lose 3 percent of charge. There may be more but not sure.
Who would leave their car at an airport for 6 weeks?

SageBrush
Posts: 3873
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: Colorado

Re: 60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 am

EatsShootsandLeafs wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:Well, there are a couple of advantages, one being that there is virtually no vampire drain. Leave your Tesla at an airport for 6 weeks and it’s pretty much a brick. A Leaf might lose 3 percent of charge. There may be more but not sure.

Who would leave their car at an airport for 6 weeks?

Not me, but in any case it is not true. My car loses up to 1% a day but 0.5% a day is typical.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

webeleafowners
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: 60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:15 pm

SageBrush wrote:
EatsShootsandLeafs wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:Well, there are a couple of advantages, one being that there is virtually no vampire drain. Leave your Tesla at an airport for 6 weeks and it’s pretty much a brick. A Leaf might lose 3 percent of charge. There may be more but not sure.

Who would leave their car at an airport for 6 weeks?

Not me, but in any case it is not true. My car loses up to 1% a day but 0.5% a day is typical.


I have had to leave my car in an airport for extended periods before.

Anyway, I apparently wrong on the Vampire drain so my apologies. I'm not sure where I read it but I was under the impression that the vampire drain is much higher than it is. Seems to me it was on the Tesla Forum. Regardless if you guys are not seeing this issue it makes me happy as we plan on replacing our smart next year with a Model 3. It will be my wifes car. I'll continue to drive the leaf. We are getting the long range. AWD, white, white interiour, EAP, upgrade wheels. Its only money. :)
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

SageBrush
Posts: 3873
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: Colorado

Re: 60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:20 pm

webeleafowners wrote:Anyway, I apparently wrong on the Vampire drain so my apologies. I'm not sure where I read it but I was under the impression that the vampire drain is much higher than it is. Seems to me it was on the Tesla Forum. Regardless if you guys are not seeing this issue it makes me happy as we plan on replacing our smart next year with a Model 3. It will be my wifes car. I'll continue to drive the leaf. We are getting the long range. AWD, white, white interiour, EAP, upgrade wheels. Its only money. :)

When the Model 3 first came out a few owners reported vampire losses of 6+ miles a day but that has been resolved for a long time.
Your choice sounds great. I ended up not buying AWD and have been a happy driver in the snow and ice ever since I put decent winter tyres on the car. AWD or not, the "all-seasons" that come with the car are anything but.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

User avatar
Randy
Moderator
Posts: 2119
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0191
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: 60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:44 pm

On hold for the 65 kWh plus model? :)

GetOffYourGas
Posts: 2016
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:56 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: 60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:54 pm

~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

SageBrush
Posts: 3873
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: Colorado

Re: 60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:15 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:https://insideevs.com/nissan-reveals-leaf-e-plus-ces/

Looks like 62kWh is our number.

And 226 mile range. Seems low.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

JeffN
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 20 May 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: 60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:22 pm


SageBrush
Posts: 3873
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: Colorado

Re: 60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:55 pm


About 400 people tuned into the youtube broadcast. I figure you will get at least four.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

JeffN
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 20 May 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: 60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:13 pm

SageBrush wrote:

About 400 people tuned into the youtube broadcast. I figure you will get at least four.

I had the advantage of being in the room in Las Vegas so I could pick up additional information by talking to Nissan execs after the cameras were turned off.

There were two simultaneous media events. One in Japan that was live-streamed and one in Las Vegas. I’m not sure if the Vegas one was live streamed but I believe Nissan will post the video on YouTube as they have with previous similar “fireside chat” media briefings.

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”