nrvous
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2018

Re: How do I set charging my Gen 2, 2018 Leaf to 80%?

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:49 pm

It's darn close right out of the box - my experience has been within 2-3% of actual charge so far.

Also, you actually can modify the EVSE charge efficiency percentage through the app which can dial in the charge % accuracy even closer.

For a Leaf S owner like me, the most valuable thing I find about the Juicebox is that I get the remote app charging features of the higher end SV/SL trims even on my Leaf S. That's worth a lot. Very happy with mine!

cwerdna wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:I can confirm the Juicebox works this way with so so accuracy. As we speak Angela’s smart is set to stop at 85 percent. After the juice box shuts off the charge at what it thinks is 85 percent if I check the actual charge it will be within about 5 percent. Works ok. You have to set the starting percentage every time....which takes no time.
Thanks for the screenshot.

It's not surprising that it's so-so. All Juicebox's software can do is make an educated guess as to how many kWh should be dispensed to reach a certain dash % SoC. There's nothing in the J1772 protocol for the vehicle to tell the EVSE the attached vehicle's state of charge.

Unless you can make corrections/teach it, will be further and further off as the battery degrades.

webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:08 pm

nrvous wrote:It's darn close right out of the box - my experience has been within 2-3% of actual charge so far.

Also, you actually can modify the EVSE charge efficiency percentage through the app which can dial in the charge % accuracy even closer.

For a Leaf S owner like me, the most valuable thing I find about the Juicebox is that I get the remote app charging features of the higher end SV/SL trims even on my Leaf S. That's worth a lot. Very happy with mine!

cwerdna wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:I can confirm the Juicebox works this way with so so accuracy. As we speak Angela’s smart is set to stop at 85 percent. After the juice box shuts off the charge at what it thinks is 85 percent if I check the actual charge it will be within about 5 percent. Works ok. You have to set the starting percentage every time....which takes no time.
Thanks for the screenshot.

It's not surprising that it's so-so. All Juicebox's software can do is make an educated guess as to how many kWh should be dispensed to reach a certain dash % SoC. There's nothing in the J1772 protocol for the vehicle to tell the EVSE the attached vehicle's state of charge.

Unless you can make corrections/teach it, will be further and further off as the battery degrades.

Well that’s kinda cool. How do you modify the charge efficiency. I didn’t see it.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

nrvous

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:51 pm

If you go into the app, under vehicle settings there's a parameter called EVSE Efficiency. For the Leaf I believe it's set for 92% by default but you can adjust it up or down as needed.

Also, you should check out their dashboard on the web as well if you haven't already. A lot of the same functionality as their app plus some cool reports and stuff.

webeleafowners

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Found it. Yudaman Nrvus. I checked the smart setting. It’s also 92 percent. Now to fiddle...obsessively.

nrvous

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:21 pm

LOL Enjoy!

check this out too if you haven't already:

https://dashboard.emotorwerks.com/Account/Login

webeleafowners wrote:Found it. Yudaman Nrvus. I checked the smart setting. It’s also 92 percent. Now to fiddle...obsessively.

webeleafowners

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:41 pm

I’ve used the web interface. Nice.

sptleaf
Delivery Date: 18 Feb 2019

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:11 pm

The easiest way I've found so far in my 2019 Leaf is to look at the charge time screen. It shows how many hours to get to 75%. Then you just set your timer for that many hours or slightly above. Works well if you have a regular commute.

Return to “LEAF Gen 2 & Infiniti EV”