Should I drive 220 miles for first maintenance service?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul373

I bought my used 2016 Leaf SV in June 2018 from a Nissan dealer that is 220 miles from my house. I received an email from the dealer that I can bring the Leaf in to have the following work performed: (1) Maintenance Services: Perform 1st Free Maintenance Service; and (2) Recall Services: Mfr Campaign/Safety Recall Notice:pC630 -ManufacturerCampaignId:pC630 30 KW BATTERY. Is this worth doing? I also have a local Nissan dealer that is about 15 miles from my house. The Leaf has about 12,000 miles and has no apparent problems that I am aware of. When I brought the Leaf home from the dealer,I charged twice enroute using CHAdeMO chargers. Otherwise, I have just charged using 110 V in my garage. Thanks.

The service dept is typically a huge profit center for an auto dealership so their mailing programs are geared around getting you into their svc dept so they can inform you about additional potential items they can service at your wallets expense(pun intended).

I also agree that you go to the closest Nissan dealer that has a leaf tech & have your stuff handled there

yes go to the closest you don't want to waste almost a full day for something simple.
I currently have a PHEV so oil changes run around 20K miles. I still get notices every 5k miles for an oil change.

One dealer for the Leaf sent me an offer for 1 year of free maintenance if i purchased the car that week. The yearly maintenance is pretty much zero cost other than tire rotation.

If you do bring it in for the recall, make sure you call the dealer and verify they have the parts needed. I have been to a dealer before where they did not bother to check and then said they had to order a part.

Another possible option is to ask the local dealership if they can "borrow" a Leaf Tech from a dealership that has one. My close dealer has done that for me.

yes go to the closest you don't want to waste almost a full day for something simple.
I currently have a PHEV so oil changes run around 20K miles. I still get notices every 5k miles for an oil change.

One dealer for the Leaf sent me an offer for 1 year of free maintenance if i purchased the car that week. The yearly maintenance is pretty much zero cost other than tire rotation.

If you do bring it in for the recall, make sure you call the dealer and verify they have the parts needed. I have been to a dealer before where they did not bother to check and then said they had to order a part.

Back