Leased a Leaf -- how to adjust clock on eye brow

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saleem145

Hello,

First the good news -- I Leased a Leaf today!! Super excited of course!!

Now the question -- can't figure out how to adjust the clock on the eye brow.

Saleem

The controls for the trip meter and other dash settings are in the cluster of buttons to the left of the steering wheel. The clock is in the setting menu that is one of the things you can cycle through.

GeekEV said:
The controls for the trip meter and other dash settings are in the cluster of buttons to the left of the steering wheel. The clock is in the setting menu that is one of the things you can cycle through.

Yes I figured that out using the manual but was not able to fugues out how to do it -- please could you be a bit more precise.

Thanks,

Saleem

Hit the square logo button till you get to clock and then hit the button to the right that has a dot on it. That is your enter button. Do the same for hours and mins and you are done.

Ian B

saleem145 said:
GeekEV said:
Yes I figured that out using the manual but was not able to fugues out how to do it -- please could you be a bit more precise.
Thanks,
Saleem
The cluster of 4 buttons on the Left side of the steering wheel are used to set the clock.
The top 2 buttons are used to make selections in the screens. They are also used to change screens.
The meaning of the buttons may change depending on what screen you are on.
It will tell you on the screen what button is used for what function, but you have to look close to find those instructions.
Once you get into the clock settings screen then you will use those same two buttons to set the hours and minutes.

Clear as mud ?

Since that clock does not keep sufficiently accurate time
for many/most of us to use it, I suggest ignoring it and
enabling the GPS-based clock on the Nav screen.
See if you can figure out how to do that.
Menu, Settings, Clock,... as I recall.

garygid said:

you do have a point there. i reset the dash clock about once a month...i have a hard time ignoring the eventual 3 minute offset

Some black electrician's tape might fix the "problem".

While you are at it, the temperature gauge near the eyebrow
clock is not very responsive, so it usually lags the real
temperature so much that it is essentially useless.

Click to open

Do any 2012 owners have issues with the clock on the eyebrow? I've only ever seen 2011 owners complain of it being inaccurate. My clock keeps the time perfectly, better than my own wristwatch.

garygid said:
Huh?

The dash clock keeps great time. I had to do a manual reset for DST, but other than that, no problem.

ebill3 said:
garygid said:
Huh?

The dash clock keeps great time. I had to do a manual reset for DST, but other than that, no problem.

my dash clock requires a 2-5 minute adjustment weekly

OK, OK, I'll fess up. :oops: I did have to adjust the dash clock one other time in the year I've had the LEAF. It was off by one minute, which I think is pretty good.

mwalsh said:
ebill3 said:
OK, OK, I'll fess up. :oops: I did have to adjust the dash clock one other time in the year I've had the LEAF. It was off by one minute, which I think is pretty good.

And mine will easily gain 10 minutes in that same period (assuming you're taking about ~12 months).

lol, now really wondering what causes the clock to be so far off. I just set it to 3 minutes slow per my normal process and the last time i reset it was time change day which was how long ago?? i think my clock is now running faster. wondering if its running faster in Winter due to the pack warming up and my lost GIDs coming back... ;)

Back